Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Looking at the Activity Monitor, when the compressed memory is in use (even a few MB), the changing desktop and mission control animation get slightly jerky and start stuttering. They stay that way until the system is restarted. If the compressed memory usage is 0 MB, the animations stay smooth.

Some other information: I'm on a MBP 13" mid 2010 with 8GB Ram. I usually have several tabs open in Chrome all the time and the CPU usage is very low. Resetting PRAM and SMC doesn't help.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Once the memory is compressed (even just a little bit), even after quitting all the apps, the changing desktop (swiping three fingers) animation is stuttering a lot. It's awful.

Can anybody else notice this problem? Maybe it's just a Graphic driver issue?

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Going to send some feedback to :apple: :

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Anyone who's experiencing this issue, please send feedback. Chances are it may get fixed by 10.9.3 update. Thanks. :)

As for the problem, what could be causing it? Since my MBP 13" mid 2010 uses integrated graphics which share their memory with the entire system, my guess is that when OS X Mavericks compresses the system's memory, there may be some segment of the shared graphics memory that gets influenced in an undesirable way. Perhaps, even gets compressed. And this results in a choppy/jerky animations in the system (especially the changing desktop animation).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.