Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
So guys I am using unotelly as a DNS service so I can access US content.. netflix and everything else seems to work no problems after some help from a kind soul here since i am also running plexconnect...

so i tried hdo go and it still sees me as being out of the US... anyone doing the same thing... any input?

THANKS

jkg4

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
So guys I am using unotelly as a DNS service so I can access US content.. netflix and everything else seems to work no problems after some help from a kind soul here since i am also running plexconnect...

so i tried hdo go and it still sees me as being out of the US... anyone doing the same thing... any input?

THANKS

It used to work until a week ago, now you need a VPN. Same could happen with other services as they try to work around hacks like unotelly.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
It used to work until a week ago, now you need a VPN. Same could happen with other services as they try to work around hacks like unotelly.

Right that's what I figured are you outside of the US and using similar sevices too ?

franrisquez

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
Unotelly Rocks!

I have been using unotelly for the last 8 months, and have not had any major issues, every now and then loses the configuration on my computer, so it's a matter of just restarting; I have the premium ($4.95) service, use it on one of my routers, and have my Apple TV & Roku 3 connected to it. So far, I get Netflix US, Hulu, HBO Go (Directv serviced), Plex with all the US Plugins (Mostly use CBS), USTVNow, Amazon Instant, NBA & MLB, and on my iPad I'm able to see all of those and Max Go. The one that has never worked: Showtime. Of course, I live outside the US. Of course: hotel hotspots, major hurdle. I've reado somewhere that if you upgrade to Gold you'll also get a VPN that would allow you also to connect at hotel hotspots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.