Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cornelius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Any luck?Any news?Any rumors?Any Bullchit?

Does anyone know anything about the new iMac and the awaited availability?
Any change on the order status (beside getting cancelled) page?

kaisera

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2001
In stock?

This from Railheaddesign.com

"I spoke with Microcenter last night, and they have received their initial stock of the 800MHz imacs — 50 of them, to be exact. I was told that they would be setting them up tonight to have them ready for the weekend, and I told them I’d be there with bells on. As for the other models, they haven’t received any stock or an estimated date of arrival.

When I asked about the new G4s, the person told me they had notice of shipment but no date for arrival. When I asked about the configurations, he said he couldn’t give me that information. Boo. I kept at him, and he finally said that if I come to the store this weekend, he’ll show me what their screen says. I laughed and told him he shouldn’t be so paranoid. =)

Nonetheless, I’ll be heading to Microcenter to check out the new iMacs, and I’ll see what I can muster-up regarding the new G4 configurations."

FYI,

kaisera

decoone

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2002
Norfolk, VA
New iMac

I spoke with a sales rep. at The Apple Store today about my iMac order. He said they are pushing very hard for shipments to go next week. He said his estimate would be 5 - 7 business days for orders placed in the first week after the keynote.:eek:

mongo1

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2002
Somewhere on the Left Cost
iMac Shipment Status

Okay, so I just called the Apple Store to check on the status of my order and find out when my new iMac would be shipping. The rep seemed just a tad frustrated, like she'd been asked the same question several times in the past few days. Her response was initial iMac shipments won't happen until mid-Feb like around valentines day...
Then on a lark, I call the local Apple Store (Chandler, AZ). The person who answered indicated that they had hoped to get the new iMacs in this week. No such luck. They are supposed to have them now no later than Feb 2nd (next Friday).
Then I called MacMall. The rep said that they received their initial yesterday which had been sent out today to their first customers. The next shipment is due in Wednesday and they are backordered...

Three different calls, three different answers...

Which means that nobody really knows... Okay, Maybe the Shadow, but he's a fictional character...

Mongo Mikey

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
i called the apple store wednesday, feigning confusion when my order ws cancelled and the re-instated. the rep i spoke with, after saying how odd it was to hear a woman's voice on the other end of the line, said i could reasonably expect mine the week of the 3rd (i ordered on the 18th). however, one could assume that he had already answered the same question 73 times that day and was just making stuff up. ::shrug::

for the time being i'm enjoying putting a picture of the new imac on the desktop of every computer on campus that i use. :)

cornelius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
well

I called today (the apple store) and they said that the orders that were placed during the first week (during the expo) have atleast a waiting of 3 to 5 weeks from the day that was ordered. so if you were one like me,that ordered it the 8th or that week, we could be getting our machines this week,or the next one,or who knows,the next after the next,after.......at the pace that things are moving.
but hearing about stores that are getting their initial supplies is a good sign.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
Friday at Compusa

I talked to the Apple rep at one of the local Compusa's and he said the ship friday and they will have them setup by wensday hpoefully then he said everyones asking their going to sell like hotcakes. Well that means I have to wait 1.5 weeks to see it damn thats going to be hard. But I did see the new pbg4 and the new iBook both very nice machines. The also had this killer sound system setup that got me yelled at.

MojoJojoe

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2002
Re: iMac Shipment Status

Originally posted by mongo1
Okay, so I just called the Apple Store to check on the status of my order and find out when my new iMac would be shipping. The rep seemed just a tad frustrated, like she'd been asked the same question several times in the past few days. Her response was initial iMac shipments won't happen until mid-Feb like around valentines day...
Then on a lark, I call the local Apple Store (Chandler, AZ). The person who answered indicated that they had hoped to get the new iMacs in this week. No such luck. They are supposed to have them now no later than Feb 2nd (next Friday).
Then I called MacMall. The rep said that they received their initial yesterday which had been sent out today to their first customers. The next shipment is due in Wednesday and they are backordered...

- ****wad. "mid february" is for late orders. the first orders in the queue are already shipping. stop spreading stupid negative rumors

shergar

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2002
London
The long wait...

The other day I spent a morning going round the stores in central London trying to find a iMac to try out. The answer which came back with depressing regularity was that there would be no new iMacs in the UK before the middle of February...

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Its supposed to be shipping now... "Supposed" that probably means who had to order it within the first 3 days after it was released, if you order one know, you'll probably get it in a weeks time...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.