Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Ok i have come across this twice where i can't upload an image at all, it just sits and wont do anything. I remember Applespider mentioning this once before as well.

I have tested an image upload on my own website so i know it isn't an issue with my connection.

Is it due to too high of server load? Because i also got that dreaded vB Warning today as well that the site was down due to server load.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
It's happened when I tried uploading a .zip file.
Re-zipped the file.
Closed up Safari, and tried again.
Worked the second time.

*shrug*

Here's to the Crazy Ones

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
finally worked only took 4-5 quitings of safari and multiple attempts at upload but i got my desktop up :p

Still why is this happening :(

Applespider

macrumors G4
It's happened twice to me... after quitting didn't work. I just waited 10 minutes or so and tried again...

As far as I'm aware, there weren't any specific things in common to what I posting although for a while I wondered if it was jpgs resized in Photoshop CS that were causing the problem.

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
It takes me to wait quit safari, reopen, quit, reopen, wait 10 minutes or so, then i try it again and it works.

weird

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's happened to me too as well as a few others. My impression is that it's a safari issue as I have had the same problem on other sites. Still havn't sorted it out yet.

arn

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have had trouble with image uploading, most recently with my Japan Photos thread. It is a bug in Safari, and seems to occur more frequently as image size increases. I don't know a workaround for the problem, or why it occurs sometimes and not other times, so I try uploading repeatedly until it works.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I just started having this problem as well. Rather frustrating. I cleared the cache but that didnt help. Any other suggestions?

Applespider

macrumors G4
Size is definitely a factor and for some reason, it seems to happen more with pngs than with jpgs. Whether that's because screenshots in png format always seem slightly larger than they need to be file size wise, I've started avoiding posting pngs and taking things into PS and doing a 'save for web' through that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.