Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of the launch of the iPad Air just hours from now, Apple's online stores in the Asia-Pacific region have been taken offline. Countries in the region where the device will be launching include Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, and Singapore, although all online stores in the region are currently down.

apple_store_down.jpg

Apple's in-store sales will begin at 8:00 AM local time in countries where the company operates its own stores, and online store outages should work their way across the world later today with separate batches for Europe and North America.

Apple's November 1 launch for the iPad Air is taking place in over 40 countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China (Wi-Fi models only), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (Wi-Fi models only), Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.

Article Link: Apple's Online Stores in Asia-Pacific Go Offline Ahead of iPad Air Launch

4mat

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
If the store were up now I'd probably make the jump from the 3rd gen to the Air without hesitating. Oh well, I'll see if I can justify AU$949 tomorrow morning.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
I wish we'd been able to pre-order, that way our iPads would have arrived tomorrow instead of being ordered tomorrow.

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
when the store goes back up for those regions, can someone confirm if the rMini is available for pre-orders at all?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What's the over/under on Wall Street analysts and the media freaking out over Apple not releasing sales figures on Monday (which they won't since iPad mini isn't on sale yet)? :D

cstm

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
when will iPad air launch in europe? what time did 5s launch in france/germany/uk? midnight @ uk time?

dng

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2004
and.... in hong kong, ipads are already due in 1-2 weeks. That was faster than i expected!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.