Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFanManX26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2013
So I managed to install windows 7 on my mac without any issues. Then I installed the drivers and it was fine but every time I startup windows I get flashing colours and some gradients at the end. I managed to fix the problem by disconnecting my second monitor, I find this a bit annoying to remove my monitor and plugging in back the monitor after windows boots up. Is there any way to fix this without the monitor being disconnected?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
The graphics drivers Apple provides as part of its Windows support software are horribly out of date and are likely the cause of the corruption you're seeing. Download and install the latest ones for your GPU: here for AMD and here for NVIDIA.

AppleFanManX26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2013
Update: After installation of windows. I installed the drivers but they were only for 64 bit windows. So i got the drivers i needed from a previous installation of windows. (The drivers came from lion NOT mountain lion or OSX Mavericks) and I am running intel graphics with intel i5 processor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.