Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MalusSylvestris

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
I bought the whole seasons 1-5 of Breaking Bad on iTunes. Obviously I don't want the whole lot filling up my phone (probably it wouldn't even fit), but I thought it should be simple to see at a glance what I do have on there, and to download episodes that are in the cloud.

According to, eg, this article - http://www.macworld.com/article/2048972/get-to-know-ios-7-videos.html - the Videos app should show the cloud symbol for videos stored in the cloud, which can be tapped to download just like music from iTunes Match.

Well, it doesn't. All the episodes show up in the Videos app but there is no way of telling which ones are on my phone and which ones aren't (short of turning off "Show All" in settings, but that means I can't see the ones in the cloud in order to download them!

The only way I can tell is that if I try to watch an episode I don't have on the phone while not connected to wi-fi, it tries to start the video for a second or two, then quits back to the episode list.

And the only way I have found to download episodes is to go into iTunes Store and then one by one, go to each episode and it will either say WATCH or have the cloud symbol. Really time consuming.

Is there some setting I am missing here? It doesn't seem to be working like it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.