PDA

View Full Version : macservice.com powerbookmedic.com Powerbook resq experiences?

KyleC
Dec 11, 2005, 10:30 AM
My ibook HD is toast I think, it started making a really loud grinding noise (just like the HD is working really hard, but it shouldnít be) and the machine slowed down to a crawl. I had to hard restart it, and now it wonít book past the apple logo, and the grinding noise continues.

I was looking for places online that would replace my HD for me (I didnít buy applecare) and ran across a few.

Powerbook resq
Macservice.com
powerbookmedic.com
Any others?

And wondered if anyone had any experience with these companies 24 hour repairs. I am not sure who to trust.

eva01
Dec 11, 2005, 10:40 AM
well you can replace it yourself

they have manuals over at pbfixit.com

KyleC
Dec 11, 2005, 10:48 AM
i saw those in another thread, i dont think i could pull that off, i woudl rather pay someone.

CanadaRAM
Dec 11, 2005, 11:07 AM
My ibook HD is toast I think, it started making a really loud grinding noise (just like the HD is working really hard, but it shouldnít be) and the machine slowed down to a crawl. I had to hard restart it, and now it wonít book past the apple logo, and the grinding noise continues.

I was looking for places online that would replace my HD for me (I didnít buy applecare) and ran across a few.

Powerbook resq
Macservice.com
powerbookmedic.com
Any others?

And wondered if anyone had any experience with these companies 24 hour repairs. I am not sure who to trust.

Why would you go to an online source and ship your machine? Are there no Apple dealers in your area?