Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Launch day supplies of the iPad Air in the U.S. appear to be dwindling slightly, with new orders of the tablet in all colors and capacities shipping within 24 hours and carrying a delivery estimate of November 6.

When the iPad Air launched on November 1 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, Apple declined to provide a shipping estimate, instead offering a blanket November 4 delivery date for all U.S. orders.

ipadairshippingestimates.jpg

Earlier this morning, in-store supplies of the iPad Air of began weakening at some retail locations, and the T-Mobile Space Gray 128 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Air was the first model to see its shipping time slip to 5 to 10 business days.

Other countries around the world have also seen dwindling supplies, with some countries seeing 5-10 day shipping times for certain models. Higher capacity iPads and the Space Gray models appear to be selling out the fastest.

Though some stores are seeing less availability of higher end models, in-store supply of the 16 and 32 GB iPad Air remains strong in most areas. Prospective iPad Air buyers in the United States can use Apple-Tracker.com to check on local availability of the iPad Air.

Article Link: iPad Air Now Shipping 'Within 24 Hours' in U.S., Pushing Delivery Estimates to November 6

surfingarbo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
I can't believe the iPad Air is out already. I'm still writing Full Size iPad With Retina Display on my cheques.

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
I doubt the supply is "dwindling" -- it more likely just reflects the reality that it's getting later in the day so it's unrealistic to order now and expect to get it on Monday.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
I wouldn't believe what you read about delivery times as my two iPhone 5s have both shipped within 7 days of ordering. It was suppose to be 2-3 weeks.:cool:

malexandria

Suspended
Mar 25, 2009
Ordered

Ordered my 128 T-mobile version this morning. $1K for a freaking tablet! I always believe in buying the best, full featured version of whatever product or service I decide to splurge on. Luckily I can get $200 for my iPad 2 to make it a little more palatable and I won't be getting another iPad for another 4 years. I'm going android for my new phone in a few months though.

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
It doesn't suprise me to see the T-Mobile 128gb version slip first. Its likely the premium early adopter's first choice.

....or there may not have been that many to begin with. What the hell do I know. :p

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Glad I just walked into Target and got mine. No line, 5 minute purchase at 8:30am. $479 - 5% red card discount. Haven't had a real chance to play with it yet, though :(

Munnichs

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
I ordered mine right away when the store was up (Europe) and delivery stands for tuesday... Smart cover for friday

idiotbox

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2010
If only the people buying the t-mobile ipad realized that there really isn't 200mb for free for life, and that it was all a scam unless you're already a t-mobile cellular customer. If not, you'll be paying $10/month to keep your ipad active, so it isn't really free data. T-mobile should be roasted for this awful false advertising.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Ordered my 128 T-mobile version this morning. $1K for a freaking tablet! I always believe in buying the best, full featured version of whatever product or service I decide to splurge on. Luckily I can get $200 for my iPad 2 to make it a little more palatable and I won't be getting another iPad for another 4 years. I'm going android for my new phone in a few months though.

I share your view, if you are splurging might as well go big; I bought the same ipad, with an Apple case. Luckily I sold my ipad 2 for $300, so the number doesn't look as big:D

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
all of the best buy stores around me are flush with every model

not sure why anyone would drive to an apple store to get this knowing full well they could be sold out of your particular model (especially the cellular versions), unless you had a gift card or something

mac4good84

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2012
Went to Best Buy this morning at 8am

About 7 people there to buy the air; walked in and out with a 16 GB Black. I haven't had too much time with it yet (a lot to do at the house) but initial impressions is WOW. I think I'm no longer even considering an iPad mini with retina. This size is awesome. I don't know how, but with that bezel reduction this IS literally like holding a mini, except with a larger display. It's weird to say but I get what people are talking about; fantastic design Apple. And that A7 isn't messing around either :).

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
If only the people buying the t-mobile ipad realized that there really isn't 200mb for free for life, and that it was all a scam unless you're already a t-mobile cellular customer. If not, you'll be paying $10/month to keep your ipad active, so it isn't really free data. T-mobile should be roasted for this awful false advertising.
Others report it is indeed free if you're not using T-Mobile to finance your iPad purchase. Sorry for the off topic response.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010

I'm not sure about all that, I just activated my T-Mobile iPad and am enjoying my 200 MB of data as we speak! I created an account, and chose not to activate a recurring data plan, leaving it at "on demand" and it didn't even ask me for my credit card information.

Bought my iPad at the Apple Store, not a T-Mobile customer, either.

ifudge

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2004
T-Mobile is the smallest of the main US carriers (discounting regionals), with the WORST coverage & the slowest network and tiniest LTE footprint... I'm gonna have to bet on the latter. =P

I jumped on the T-Mobile option. I use my iPhone - Verizon - as a hotspot for my iPad 3. Once in a while, though, I don't have my phone with me, it's not charged, etc. T-Mobile works in lots of places to which I travel (NYC, Jackson Hole, the central coast of California, Chinle and Monument Valley, AZ, etc).

So I'm happy with the free service I'll get from T-Mobile.

----------

T-Mobile is the smallest of the main US carriers (discounting regionals), with the WORST coverage & the slowest network and tiniest LTE footprint... I'm gonna have to bet on the latter. =P

I jumped on the T-Mobile option. I use my iPhone - Verizon - as a hotspot for my iPad 3. Once in a while, though, I don't have my phone with me, it's not charged, etc. T-Mobile works in lots of places to which I travel (NYC, Jackson Hole, the central coast of California, Chinle and Monument Valley, AZ, etc).

So I'm happy with the free service I'll get from T-Mobile for my iPad Air.

mariana888

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
UK
Got mine this afternoon at my local Apple store in the UK, they had lots of stock still even though the guys had said they have been selling really well.

I'm loving it. So slim and fast. Amazing. In comparison my iPad "3" looks like a brick.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Doing T-Mobile for the first time. Got the 128 GB model. Part of it was the coverage in my area was better than AT&T and part was the free 200 MB. I just learned from this thread that was just a scam and that it won't apply since I am not their phone customer. I hope the LTE is fast.

muadibe

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
Picked mine up at Walmart around 12. There were no other customers at that time and I got the 16GB white.

Tony78228

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Texas
I share your view, if you are splurging might as well go big; I bought the same ipad, with an Apple case. Luckily I sold my ipad 2 for $300, so the number doesn't look as big:D

so true, I bought the Air 32gb, throw in what I sold my ipad 3 on ebay for, and I only paid half the price for the Air.

jwt0001

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
I assume that you T-Mobile people have seen the update from their CEO indicating that the $10.00 was an error and that you will definitely be getting the 200mg free.

Also, here in the Alabama area, the models are still staying plentiful at the Apple stores in the area. A couple of versions not available, but it's shocking how many are still available! I think it helps that the resellers had some to sell too.

I got mine at a Verizon store ($100 off with a 2 year contract for the data line). Very impressed with the device so far.

Has anyone noticed that the sound seems to have been upgraded? I was playing a game and was impressed by how good the music was sounding. Maybe it is just me?

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Was going to wait for the mini with retina display. Then read several early reviews, which all expounded on the Air's amazing light feel and size. Many of the reviewers were changing their mind about preferring the mini.

So went to Apple store, played with the mini and air. Once i picked up the air, it was a no brainer. Apple really hit the nail head on this product. The larger screen with the sleek design and low weight sold me. Got the black/silver 128 mb WiFi Air.

Just like my 5s iPhone the A7 chip and iso7 software are blazing fast Real world home runs. It feels almost magical how responsive every action is. No lag what so ever.

I chose WiFi model as i don't need another data bill. I have the phone for travel internet use. Can download movies, shows, videos to view away from WiFi. Will use the iPad Air as main web surf tool at home.

This is thinner then what Captain Pickard used on the Enterprise!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.