Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Achilles75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
I seem to have a variation of the problem with Office for Mac 2011 crashing all the time following an OS X Mavericks update. I have two profiles set up on my MacBook Pro (early 2011) - one for me and one for my kids. Office seems to work fine on my profile, but it crashes constantly without actually opening the programs on my kids' profile. Anytime I try to open one of the programs, it immediately crashes and opens the Microsoft Error Reporting window. I have already tried repairing disc permissions, creating an entirely new profile (worked initially, then starting doing crashing again), and completely (completely, not just dragging and dropping) removing Office for Mac and reinstalling it. I'm at my wits end and would really appreciate some help.

giffut

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2003
Germany
You ...

... should try to remove any contextual menu items in "/<your volume name>/Library/Contextual Menu Items" and "/<your user name>/Library/Contextual Menu Items".

This stopped crashing Office for me. And you might have items in there, which the kid´s account doesn´t.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.