Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parkds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2003
Everything on my computer recently became corupted after installing Mavericks. Since wiping my drive and reinstalling v3.5 of Aperture, a short cut I used almost daily doesn't seem to be working and I was hoping someone could recommend a solution for reinstating it.

Previously, whenever I imported photos, I added Copyright information during the import. To do so, I simply typed (c) follwed by other information. The (c) would change to a © and then the rest of the information would autofill. I know I can type OPTION-G to create the symbol but (c) was very quick, easy, and impossible to forgot.

No idea why it stopped working, but hopefully somone can help me to get it to work again.

Thanks so much!

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I believe that is a function of the OS/X auto complete and not Aperture itself. Check the OS settings panels to see if you can find it. You may need to add it to the dictionary.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
I believe that is a function of the OS/X auto complete and not Aperture itself. Check the OS settings panels to see if you can find it. You may need to add it to the dictionary.

This.

Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Text (tab) and add it as an entry. Now you can type (c) anywhere and it will autocorrect to ©. Likewise you can add whatever other shortcut you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.