Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I recently got a new hard drive and started over from scratch. I copied the iWeb app to the new applications folder, but now when I open it, the sites I built in it and maintain with it don't show up. Does anyone know the way way to 'point it' to the site folders on my HD?

thanks

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I recently got a new hard drive and started over from scratch. I copied the iWeb app to the new applications folder, but now when I open it, the sites I built in it and maintain with it don't show up. Does anyone know the way way to 'point it' to the site folders on my HD?

thanks

Choose Finder>Go>Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/.

This will show you where the file should be. You will need to find the old files and put them in this spot. Hope you have the old files on a backup drive. You will just copy the old files and paste them into the new iWeb file that was created when you re-installed iWeb.

I do not use iWeb but have tried it to make sure it will work for you.

I have attached 2 photos to show you what the new file looks like and then what you should have when you are done moving your files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 6.16.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 6.16.11 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 6.16.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 6.16.44 PM.png
    104 KB · Views: 90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.