Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Iphone 5s just doesn't do it for me.. sure its faster and .5" bigger screen than my 4s but other than that.. way to similar. apple needs to step it up. for now i think I'm going to switch my phone purposes to android and get a Nexus 5. i will always be an Apple computer guy as i love iMacs and macbook pros (have both) but the iPhone has been way to similar for ages.
maybe they can pull it off next time but the 5s was a bit of a let down..

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Bye.

Part of the reason for the iPhone's success is that the phones remain similar with each update and could be used by nearly anyone - old or young at any level of tech competence.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Iphone 5s just doesn't do it for me.. sure its faster and .5" bigger screen than my 4s but other than that.. way to similar. apple needs to step it up. for now i think I'm going to switch my phone purposes to android and get a Nexus 5. i will always be an Apple computer guy as i love iMacs and macbook pros (have both) but the iPhone has been way to similar for ages.
Well, the iPhone 5 was my first brand new, purchased on my own iPhone. I have a 3GS which my sister gave me, but I went with the 5 last year.

I hate the iPhone 4/4S.

So, I waited a year and was rewarded with the 5, which is slightly bigger than the 4/4S, totally thinner, has no issues with glass on the back breaking, is metal, and weighs less. And most importantly, the iPhone 5 is solid black. No stainless steel band like the iPhone 4/4S which completely ruins the effect - the iPhone 5 is solid black.

The 5S isn't. The best you can get is Whacked-out Gray. I passed on the 5S this year.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I'm happy to see you're making a choice for yourself. It's good to know you're not biased to one ecosystem.

I have the issue where I've so many iOS paid apps and services, it doesn't make sense to switch to Android permanently.

That said I have both an HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active; both excellent devices.

Daria

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Northern California

So. Let me get this straight. You apparently don't care at all about your phone syncing with your iMac? How strange.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I've kind of been feeling the same recently. I still have a 4s but picked up my friend's 5s the other day and it's all the same. Not sure what I want to expect :confused:

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
So. Let me get this straight. You apparently don't care at all about your phone syncing with your iMac? How strange.

Sure it is easy that way but it's not hard to copy and paste song files.. Can still use iTunes. Just iphone 4-5s are the same minus a .5" screen size. I love iOS but I need a bigger screen so when apple gets a 5" screen I'll get another iphone. Don't hate on me to the ^ posters I love all apple products just the screen size is too small and the phones are way to similar it gets boring. And I can't justify paying 650 for a iPhone can get a nexus 5 for 350.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Sure it is easy that way but it's not hard to copy and paste song files.. Can still use iTunes. Just iphone 4-5s are the same minus a .5" screen size. I love iOS but I need a bigger screen so when apple gets a 5" screen I'll get another iphone. Don't hate on me to the ^ posters I love all apple products just the screen size is too small and the phones are way to similar it gets boring. And I can't justify paying 650 for a iPhone can get a nexus 5 for 350.

Agreed. 650 for the iPhone is a complete rip off.

The only thing I love about iPhones are the resell value. It never goes away. Hardly goes down either.

Ill be buying the nexus 5 to see how it is as well.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
I'll always love iPhones but the repetitiveness is overwhelming and boring. I'm sure I'll get one again..

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
I'll always love iPhones but the repetitiveness is overwhelming and boring. I'm sure I'll get one again..

OS X was released a dozen years ago and, from the face, doesn't look much different than the few day old Maverick.

Not sure what else you're expecting from Apple or why you're surprised. Ease of use and consistency are their main goals.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
OS X was released a dozen years ago and, from the face, doesn't look much different than the few day old Maverick.

Not sure what else you're expecting from Apple or why you're surprised. Ease of use and consistency are their main goals.

Well i don't have my macbook in my pocket all day and use it constantly.. so yeah iPhone gets boring..

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Agreed. 650 for the iPhone is a complete rip off.

The only thing I love about iPhones are the resell value. It never goes away. Hardly goes down either.

Ill be buying the nexus 5 to see how it is as well.

The Nexus 5 is cheap enough that you can use it alongside an iPhone 5s (since Google seemingly wants to give it away since your metadata is worth more to them than your money). Apple and Samsung don't have that luxury, so they charge $650 for their flagship phones. And on top of that, the carriers seem to be the ones who benefit most from Google's pricing, since they just cut their subsidies rather than pass it along to the end customers who sign 2 year contracts.

Buy whatever floats your boat. For me, it's the iPhone. Apple concentrates on the user experience, while Android manufacturers concentrate on winning spec wars.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Repetitive and boring? I don't understand, all smartphones these days are some form of rectangle that has a touchscreen. What do you want, it to shoot confetti and give you a laser light show when you receive a call? How are Android phones less boring in terms of hardware? None of them have a fingerprint reader. They're bigger, but that doesn't make the hardware less 'boring'.

undesign

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013

Give OS X a few more years of iPadification and the difference between OS X 10.0 and whatever is released in the future will be far more apparent.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Repetitive and boring? I don't understand, all smartphones these days are some form of rectangle that has a touchscreen. What do you want, it to shoot confetti and give you a laser light show when you receive a call? How are Android phones less boring in terms of hardware? None of them have a fingerprint reader. They're bigger, but that doesn't make the hardware less 'boring'.

because it is.. iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s are the exact same minus being faster and a finger print scanner.. and .5" of screen thats why its boring. my 4s can run iOS 7 why would i buy a 5S hardly any different. don't be so hostile it wasn't a thread for you to get a rage on. for people who feel similar. so relax bro

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
because it is.. iPhone 4 to iPhone 5s are the exact same minus being faster and a finger print scanner.. and .5" of screen thats why its boring. my 4s can run iOS 7 why would i buy a 5S hardly any different. don't be so hostile it wasn't a thread for you to get a rage on. for people who feel similar. so relax bro

I'm not being hostile, I just really don't understand what you mean. What are you looking for that will make you excited about another phone? They're all pretty much iterations of better tech.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles

Paskell, I am going to miss you!! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.