Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
of the default dock size? I was messing around and i changed the size and I just want to make it the default size again. >.>

New to Macbook/Mavericks. Just got the high end 15' Late 2013 model and loving it....though I want my dock back to the default size. Consider it a weird little quirk of mine. >.<

xspicer89x

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2013
of the default dock size? I was messing around and i changed the size and I just want to make it the default size again. >.>

New to Macbook/Mavericks. Just got the high end 15' Late 2013 model and loving it....though I want my dock back to the default size. Consider it a weird little quirk of mine. >.<

I'm not sure what you mean by "default dock size"..but you can change the size of the dock and how much magnification occurs in System Preferences > Dock. Can change it to whatever your preference may be.

drew627

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I'm not sure what you mean by "default dock size"..but you can change the size of the dock and how much magnification occurs in System Preferences > Dock. Can change it to whatever your preference may be.

Isn't it obvious, he wants to set it back to the default size that came with a fresh install.

You can delete the "~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist" and restart the Dock using "killall Dock". That'll get you there. Personally I prefer to set my Dock icons to 40 pixels because after meticulous tinkering and matching I found 40 to be the ideal size for my 13-inch screen. Aha!

Lirynx

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
or you can launch the Terminal app (go to spotlight search and type in Terminal if you can't find it)

then type or paste the following command in:

defaults delete com.apple.dock

Then restart the Dock with the following:

killall Dock

This should restore the dock to factory settings, with the default size apparently, but beware that you'll have to re-customize the icons as well.

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, really was a screenshot of the Slider for the dock with no changes, though I'll try the terminal command. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.