Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered, I spent some time trawling the internet yesterday and couldn't find an answer.

I bought my first Mac a couple of weeks ago (Macbook pro retina) and I am very happy with it.

I originally installed Windows 7 on the machine and that worked fine. I've now decided to put Windows 8 on it (and then 8.1), but I only have a Windows 8 upgrade disk so I can't just do a clean install.

So, I use Bootcamp Assistant to create a Windows 8 boot disk. I then go back into windows 7, and run the setup file from my USB stick.

This seems to upgrade Windows OK, it copies all of its files, reboots and continues on.

It's when I get to the "Personalise" screen that I have problems. Neither my keyboard or mouse will work on the Mac, so I can't get any further. I've tried plugging in my Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard, still with no joy.

I've tried a couple of different methods (reinstalling Windows 7 and then 8 three times now!) but still can't get this to work.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong and the correct process to take?

Cheers

Alex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.