Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

droo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Guys,

Got COD Ghosts running under bootcamp on my RMBP and was wondering if anyone else has and what GFX settings they are running ?

Will post mine once I think I have them Optimum.

Droo

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
They're not the best-looking, but CoD games tend to scale pretty well. You should be able to play at fairly high detail settings on 2011 hardware.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
weirdly the game really underestimates my mac capabilities. pressing the optimal settings wacks everything down to low, 640x480 and it runs 150 fps but looks like *****. bumping it up manually to higher settings, i still haven't got it to be too slow, but not sure what the best things to bump up are.

what would someone suggest?

----------

by the way, if anyone gets it crashing within 10 seconds, turn off texture detail

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Is there any chance that it takes an insane amount of time for it to load and run for anyone else?

I have 16g of ram and a Mid 2012 intel HD 4000.

weirdly the game really underestimates my mac capabilities. pressing the optimal settings wacks everything down to low, 640x480 and it runs 150 fps but looks like *****. bumping it up manually to higher settings, i still haven't got it to be too slow, but not sure what the best things to bump up are.

what would someone suggest?

----------

by the way, if anyone gets it crashing within 10 seconds, turn off texture detail[/QUOTE

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
In games nowadays, textures are always the easiest to run.(especially on nVidia cards, as nVidia cards have significantly higher texture fill rates compared to AMD cards) I always max these out with no issue. Resolution, AA, and AF are usually have the most immediate impact to frame-rate.(AMD cards do better in this department, as AMD cards have insane pixel fill rates) Shadows as well, depending on the game. View Distance is is a big one as well, but it only really impacts performance in open world games like ARMA or Borderlands or RTS Games.

hassaan-w

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2013
Insane Loading times.

I tried to start the campaign but the loading took way tooo long. The whole cutscene finished and only 1% (approx.) had loaded. The rest Of the loading passed 15 mins and i didn't bother continuing. I know i have a Macbook Air but I run Mw3 and BLOPS 2 just fine on medium settings (45-55 fps). Any ideas ?

Specs:
MBA mid-2012
4 GB RAM
Intel HD 4000
image.png

BOOTCAMP: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I have the same issue. To even play the game I had to find drivers that weren't on the intel site. The ones that installed with bootcamp made the cut scene play totally smooth but the game wouldn't go. It would crash right after the cutscenes.

The newest drivers I was able to find which I think ended in. .327 or .337. I can't remember right now I am at work. I can only play the game smooth at 800x600 all eye candy off. And the cut scenes are auper choppy audio and video.

I have a MBP mid 2012 i5 with 16gb ram, Intel HD 4000

I think it has to do with the vid card only having 64meg of dedicated. It would normally pull from the installed system ram only with you selecting it in bios which we don't have. If there was some sort of work around I bet it would smooth out and be a lot quicker

clk5068

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
Macbook Air mid 2012

I have a 13" MBA i7 2 3667U.

Upon original installation, the audio/video for the opening scene were flawless but the game would crash before any game play. I updated the video card driver from the intel website and now the audio/video in cut scenes/opening credits is choppy as can be.

I had great success playing the game on all the normal settings and the gameplay didn't miss a beat. Until i hit level 7. I see on the ghost support page that another person was having the system crash upon loading of "Federation Day". I could get part of the cut scene to load 1/5 times but either way it would crash.

So i tried to reinstall the game (deleting it through steam seemed to be the only way) and now it won't even start. The stuttering during the opening credits is still there, however my computer suddenly is using 100% cpu at the main menu and fails.

I'd love some ideas.

Thanks

Chris

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
cMBP 15", 2.6Ghz i7, GT 650M 1GB.
res: 1680x1050
gfx: mostly on high

played through the campain and had no sever framrate drops. It felt like a constant 30fps

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I think we are on the same lines. I am pretty sure you are locking up at the same spot I do. It does one cut scene and then says one word of the next and locks

Its gotta be the fact the intel card isn't really up to the task. I had no real issues with BF4 single player all the way to the end and I can play the multiplayer on Ghosts with a lot of eye candy off smoothly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.