Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Im not even going to whine in this thread. so I removed post. its the third time ive had a ssd issue. im tired of loosing my machine a week at a time. so I will deal with it and just deal with apple. again.

Last edited:

dean1012

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Apple.

I am not an expert on Apple's policies but I've heard before that if you have an Apple device in for repair at an authorized place multiple times for the same issue, they'll replace it entirely.

I'm not sure if they provide a new or used machine as replacement.

Either way, I'd go to the store and politely show them the test (run it in front of them). If it shows the error, ask them (politely) to explain why the error shows if nothing is wrong.

Be calm, polite, but firm. If they want to run a test, have them do it in front of you and show you nothing is wrong.

Have them look closely at your repair history.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
Thanks. They do that but its pretty rare. I certainly dont have my hopes up thats for sure. It its very frustrating loosing my machine a week at a time multiple times. ive been using my old ipad 1 in between but its no substitute for a real machine. I actually forgot how slow internet pages come up on the original ipad. Its much faster on the newer ones with the duel antennas. alas I am poor and will keep on trucking with my ipad 1.

Last edited:

mbike999

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
Right there with you. My MBA hard drive failed with no repair date in sight due to part backorder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.