PDA

View Full Version : yay!! New iBook!

in2themystik2
Dec 12, 2005, 11:11 PM
Well, After much thinking, research, and help from those who are all knowing, I decided to get my first Mac, a 12" iBook, with 1 GB RAM, and 80 GB HD, and it arrived last friday evening! I was so excited, and I love it so far! I know there are lots of posts on here like this these days, but I had to throw in my excited 2 cents!

I've been looking at sleeves, and bags, and such, so I can protect it and guard it with my life!

The only problem now... I can't ever put it down and end up sitting up so late every night! :rolleyes: :D

slooksterPSV
Dec 12, 2005, 11:14 PM
Well, After much thinking, research, and help from those who are all knowing, I decided to get my first Mac, a 12" iBook, with 1 GB RAM, and 80 GB HD, and it arrived last friday evening! I was so excited, and I love it so far! I know there are lots of posts on here like this these days, but I had to throw in my excited 2 cents!

I've been looking at sleeves, and bags, and such, so I can protect it and guard it with my life!

The only problem now... I can't ever put it down and end up sitting up so late every night! :rolleyes: :D
*whistles* WAY TO GO in2themystik2 WAY TO GO!!! I love iBooks. They're the best!

buryyourbrideau
Dec 12, 2005, 11:17 PM
Believe me there will be many late night ahead even after you have had it for a while.

Maybe they will be spent on here :p

NYmacAttack
Dec 12, 2005, 11:45 PM
Congrats on the new Ibook. Im sure you 'll be spending plenty of time on it.:)

bursty
Dec 12, 2005, 11:49 PM
Congrats on the purchase

PowerMike G5
Dec 12, 2005, 11:50 PM
Yes, an ibook is a great start for learning how to use OS X ...

before long, you'll be wanting a Quad :p

NewbieNerd
Dec 13, 2005, 12:33 AM
Congrats indeed. This iBook I have is my first and it has simply been a joy to learn OS X on. Enjoy using your while others wait in fearful anxiety over what gets released at MWSF or later.

drater
Dec 13, 2005, 01:09 AM
yes congrats and congrats on being doomed!!!! meaning, since i got my new ibook about 3 months ago I have really pissed off my girlfriend and my internal clock by staying up late every night playing with the damn thing...its an addiction.

shadowmoses
Dec 13, 2005, 01:20 AM
Congrats your iBook's specs are sweet, i'm loving the 80gb hard drive and 1gb RAM

Shadow

Bern
Dec 13, 2005, 01:25 AM
.....The only problem now... I can't ever put it down and end up sitting up so late every night! :rolleyes: :D

I'm on my upteenth Mac and I still do that. Someone said to me once that Macs are so intuitive it's as though they have a personality as opposed to a PC which just seems like a dumb electronic device.

Congrats on your new iBook and if you have any questions this forum is the best on the net to go to.

California
Dec 13, 2005, 03:08 AM
Congrats and ironically, while I think this is one of the last and best lap apple will ever make -- I don't own one anymore! Only have a 1.42ghz 14" iBook and 12" powerbook 1.5ghz now. The 12" ibook 1.33ghz will forever be the top of the line -- no matter how fast, how "intel-ed" the new ibooks become.

Keep her shiny. Get an iSkin for the keyboard and a Tucano case for carrying.

Megatron
Dec 13, 2005, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the new purchase! I got mine and love it so much now I want to get a powerbook :)

Laser47
Dec 13, 2005, 03:31 PM
Congratulations on your new iBook, and remember to protect it. So dont put it on your balcony, drink somthing while using it, or hide it when you have a disgruntled family member visiting.:rolleyes:
Once again congratulations and welcome to Macrumors and the world of Macintosh.

in2themystik2
Dec 13, 2005, 11:31 PM
I've read information about the battery life and such, and how people feel that some ways are better for preserving than others. I've had the iBook on for about an hour and a half now, maybe an hour and 40 minutes and the battery is already down to 61% and says it has only 2 and a half hours remaining. I'm not doing anything unusual or what would be highly demanding. It seems like the battery is draining very quickly. Does this sound about right, maybe I'm just not used to having a lap top with the battery and such, (never had a laptop at all). I set it so it optimizes battery life, and I was just wondering if there is something else I should be doing.

Thanks!

Okay, 10 minutes later, the time remaing goes up and down, at one point it went up and said 3 hours or something, and now it says it's under 2 hours and it's at 56%. interesting....