Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
I got one of these cards for my G5 and the web says It came with a G5 firmware disk but I can't find a copy of it. Any help finding the software would be great.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I got one of these cards for my G5 and the web says It came with a G5 firmware disk but I can't find a copy of it. Any help finding the software would be great.

I'm pretty sure it would be part of the OS that came on the G5; I had a BTO card like that and never bothered with a disc, it ran fine

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Not quite

My G5 doesn't have the firmware version listed on the web which is newer than the 5.1.4 listed on apples web site. It is for the specialized fan control for the G5 and the fan on the card. If it was build to order it was already updated. The card also came as a kit with the firmware cd which I can not seem to find anywhere.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
My G5 doesn't have the firmware version listed on the web which is newer than the 5.1.4 listed on apples web site. It is for the specialized fan control for the G5 and the fan on the card. If it was build to order it was already updated. The card also came as a kit with the firmware cd which I can not seem to find anywhere.

It's Nviidia, right? Contact them.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Yes about that

Apparently Nvidia past making it just for the G5 never listed it ever. The kit was only from apple, and apple doesn't list the software.

I guess since it's so seldom talked about I'm just up a creek.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa

5.1.4 which is the newest apple lists. But it is not the specialized version the web lists for the BTO card that changes the fan speed in the G5 and the special fan on the card controlled by the ADC power.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
5.1.4 which is the newest apple lists. But it is not the specialized version the web lists for the BTO card that changes the fan speed in the G5 and the special fan on the card controlled by the ADC power.

You can be sure that the later firmwares incorporate whatever was needed for that card. You definitely don't want to backdate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.