PDA

View Full Version : Must sacrifice iMac

Backtothemac
Dec 13, 2005, 12:03 PM
We don't have to sell the iMac any longer.

allenmertes
Dec 13, 2005, 05:19 PM
do you know the model number of the dvd-burner? will you sell it separately from the imac? thanks!

Backtothemac
Dec 13, 2005, 06:55 PM
DRX-710UL

I will sell it for $120 shipped.

tonywalker23
Dec 14, 2005, 02:05 AM
email sent about imac

allenmertes
Dec 14, 2005, 05:16 PM
PM sent

Backtothemac
Dec 14, 2005, 06:33 PM
PM sent

Alan I never got the PM. email me at chuckstacey@gmail.com

Backtothemac
Dec 14, 2005, 10:29 PM
DVD Burner is sold.

iCeQuBe
Dec 15, 2005, 07:43 AM
PM Sent

Backtothemac
Dec 18, 2005, 03:04 PM
I changed the main post to state that I will pay shipping.

ivel
Dec 18, 2005, 04:57 PM
PM sent.

Backtothemac
Dec 18, 2005, 10:53 PM
I will go to $475 shipped. That is basically $450 + shipping.

Great deal!

skoker
Dec 19, 2005, 08:37 AM
I will go to $475 shipped. That is basically $450 + shipping.

Great deal!

Please help this guy out. He is so nice and is struggling to get by after Rita and Katrina. This is a great machine at a really low price.

mkrishnan
Dec 19, 2005, 08:56 AM
I really, really, wish I needed an iMac. :(

Just a point of clarification to help...does it have AE and/or BT?

In any event, good luck with your sale, and rebuilding your life. I wish I could offer more tangible support. :(

Backtothemac
Dec 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
It has a spot for the Old Airport. But not bluetooth. You could add a bluetooth usb adapter.

Backtothemac
Dec 19, 2005, 09:01 PM
Ok. This is my last price change. $440 shipped.

I have to sell the iMac. Don't want to, but have to.

Backtothemac
Dec 20, 2005, 10:45 AM
Notice the change in the main post.

g^3
Dec 20, 2005, 12:00 PM
i hate to say...you might want to try on ebay. i just checked machines with your specs are going for $500-600.

Backtothemac
Dec 20, 2005, 05:50 PM
I just don't want to go that route. I was hoping to find someone here.

MAKE OFFERS!

amacgenius
Dec 20, 2005, 06:09 PM
Yes, somebody please buy this, help him out. Heck even if you don't "need" it you can always resell it, but he needs the money due to his situation. If I had the money I would buy it just to help him out.

Good luck with your sale, and good luck to you in general :).

Counterfit
Dec 20, 2005, 06:19 PM
You could try Craigslist too, so you might not even have to pay shipping.

Chip NoVaMac
Dec 20, 2005, 08:37 PM
Just wondering if this will leave you computer-less?

zap2
Dec 20, 2005, 09:21 PM
man i wish i had th cash, i give it to you and say keep your Mac

Best of luck with the sale

mikemodena
Dec 20, 2005, 09:40 PM
I'd think it would be a good idea if everyone would donate a small amount to the OP so he can pay for his rent/mortgage and still not be Mac-less. Most of us have helped donate to the effort in general, so why not help them and know that we made a difference to someone we know

e˛Studios
Dec 20, 2005, 09:43 PM
I'd think it would be a good idea if everyone would donate a small amount to the OP so he can pay for his rent/mortgage and still not be Mac-less. Most of us have helped donate to the effort in general, so why not help them and know that we made a difference to someone we know

Cant we setup a paypal or amazon charity/donation account for people to give to? I believe they both have the ability to do that.

Ed

Edit: maybe backtothemac or someone can setup an account using this and we can all help him out. http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/subst/fx/help/payor-faq.html/ref=zm_pb_h_01/104-5183186-3454353#what-is-this

leishan
Dec 20, 2005, 10:06 PM
Cant we setup a paypal or amazon charity/donation account for people to give to? I believe they both have the ability to do that.

Ed

Does anyone know what we have to do to get this going? I'd really like to help this guy out!

e˛Studios
Dec 20, 2005, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know what we have to do to get this going? I'd really like to help this guy out!

I posted a link in an edit..

here it is again. I think we need to build a website and then use amazon to do the donation thing. I would be more than happy to provide free webspace and bandwidth. Just let me know via PM or IM.

Ed

oh here is the link again
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/subst/fx/help/payor-faq.html/ref=zm_pb_h_01/104-5183186-3454353#what-is-this

leishan
Dec 20, 2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks! I wasn't paying enough attention...

Sorry to thread crap...

dylangurl21
Dec 20, 2005, 10:22 PM
So that is not an actual link to donate? Just a link to the amazon website? As soon as someone has a donation site up i would be happy to donate what I could (which might not be that much, but its something)... and I think a lot of people here feel the same way.

e˛Studios
Dec 20, 2005, 10:31 PM
Backtothemac can setup the account using the link i gave in my other posts, with that we can add the donation link to amazon for everyone to use.

If anyone is willing to donate some time to build a site please PM me, or IM me and i will give you access to my servers. :)

Thanks!
Ed

Chip NoVaMac
Dec 20, 2005, 11:24 PM
Keep in mind that he might not want "charity".

I like the idea of a "loan" that he would repay when the time was right for him and his family. That "loan" would be repaid by his "paying it forward" when his fortunes turned around.

Backtothemac
Dec 21, 2005, 02:44 PM
Wow, a lot has happened here in the last day. First off. I got my rent paid. No, we don't have everything we need, but we have a roof over our heads, and that is what matters most.

Chip, I got your PM, and Replied. And thank you.

Guys you are all so amazing. You really are. Thank you all so much for the help you have given us. It is truely amazing the support that you all have given to us. We fell truely blessed to have friends like you.

Also, I clicked the link that Ed had given, but I don't understand what that is.

Backtothemac
Dec 21, 2005, 08:07 PM
The iMac has been pulled. We don't have to sell it due to an amazing act of kindness from a member here!

Patmian212
Dec 21, 2005, 08:19 PM
The iMac has been pulled. We don't have to sell it due to an amazing act of kindness from a member here!
Well let me just say thanks to the MR community for helping this member out.
Keep your head up and goodluck

Chip NoVaMac
Dec 21, 2005, 08:29 PM
That is truly great to hear!

There are so many stories of the suffering that is still being felt by people like yourself after Katrina and Rita. Even in my area we had a story about a family that was being evicted from a Manassas Park Sec. 8 TH, not because of the owner - but because of the "overcrowding laws" that has become needed due to concerns of overcrowding by some illegal immigrants. This family was turned in by a neighbor that had concerns about "overcrowding" affecting the value of homes in the community.

Sorry for the rant, but I wish these same people would put pressure on the government to stop the illegal border crossings, as they do to prevent having to live next to them.

Glad that the MR folk here have been able to make your Holidays a bit brighter. I am sure that when God has finished with his tests for you, that you all will be able to repay the blessings many times over.

reberto
Dec 21, 2005, 08:39 PM
not to sound nosy but, who was the member?

Backtothemac
Dec 21, 2005, 08:53 PM
Roberto, I don't know if they want it know who they are. I have asked them and if they don't mind, then it will be known, if not, then they will remain silent, but their kindness won't.

skoker
Dec 21, 2005, 08:59 PM
Roberto, I don't know if they want it know who they are. I have asked them and if they don't mind, then it will be known, if not, then they will remain silent, but their kindness won't.

Glad to see that this story had a happy ending.
;)

wnameth
Dec 21, 2005, 09:15 PM
Glad to see that this story had a happy ending.
;)
that is great that a MR member actually helped that much, maybe it wasn't such a huge deal for them and it must have rally helped you

good luck man!

zap2
Dec 21, 2005, 09:34 PM
Who ever helped backtothemac out i you belive yout Karma cuz your getting some good karma back!

Chip NoVaMac
Dec 21, 2005, 10:05 PM
Wow, a lot has happened here in the last day. First off. I got my rent paid. No, we don't have everything we need, but we have a roof over our heads, and that is what matters most.

Chip, I got your PM, and Replied. And thank you.

Guys you are all so amazing. You really are. Thank you all so much for the help you have given us. It is truely amazing the support that you all have given to us. We fell truely blessed to have friends like you.

Also, I clicked the link that Ed had given, but I don't understand what that is.

Glad that my words of encouragement could be a help during your dark times. Given the news of generosity of an MR member, and your comment of "we don't have everything we need"; just what is missing at this point? It would give us some thoughts on how better to help out in a time of need. It would be helpful to know what hurdles you all are still facing.

Do you have children? If so are they concerned that Santa won't be able to find your new home? Maybe Santa can find a way to make sure that their Christmas will not be missed [many years ago the children of new tenants of my Uncle told my sister and myself that Santa could not "find" their home the previous year, so they did not get any presents. :( ]

Hey in the end that is what MR is all about. Good people, helping each other out.

Backtothemac
Dec 21, 2005, 10:26 PM
Well, we are going to be short in January on some of the bills. Madi's Christmas has been taken care of, and Rent will be as well, it is just the car payments and some other small bills that we are trying to come up with. We are close, very close.

davefan6435
Dec 21, 2005, 10:40 PM
Im glad to hear you got to keep your iMac. If someone could get up a donation site for the OP i'd gladly donate to his cause. I really feel bad for the situation your in and I wish you the best this holiday season.

e˛Studios
Dec 22, 2005, 12:04 AM
Im glad to hear you got to keep your iMac. If someone could get up a donation site for the OP i'd gladly donate to his cause. I really feel bad for the situation your in and I wish you the best this holiday season.

I am working on a donation site for the OP, once i have it running i will post to the MR boards :)

Ed

e˛Studios
Dec 22, 2005, 08:49 PM
For those that expressed interest, I have setup a site to help Aid Chuck and his family from the devastation that Rita has caused them. The link can be found here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=168654

Ed

wnameth
Dec 22, 2005, 08:54 PM
that is great my condolences go out to your family chuck! good luck and good bless your family, I hope the holidays find your well.

allenmertes
Dec 23, 2005, 06:16 PM
I received the DVD Burner today. Everything looks great. I highly recommend BacktotheMac for future transactions. Thanks again!

interlaced
Dec 23, 2005, 06:45 PM
We don't have to sell the iMac any longer.

that's great! have a wonderful holiday. =D

Chip NoVaMac
Dec 24, 2005, 08:20 PM
This thread taught me a lot. It taught me that we need to sometimes communicate via emails and phone calls to better understand the people behind the "nicks".

Chuck and his family are totally awesome! In the very least keep them in your prayers and thoughts.....

amacgenius
Dec 24, 2005, 08:33 PM
I'm glad things are going better for them, and that he got to keep his computer and that the MR community can really help out sometimes :).

Chip NoVaMac
Dec 24, 2005, 08:43 PM
I'm glad things are going better for them, and that he got to keep his computer and that the MR community can really help out sometimes :).

It was the love and support that I got emotionally here on MR in the past year that made MR the first site that I contributed to.

We are family here. So it is nice to see us help out a family member.