Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Got mine. Love it! It fits great and handles great.
Also, the size and weight is noticiable smaller and lighter than my iPad 4 with smart case.
The leather material feels great in hand. The fit and finish is good. No rough edges or anything like that.

Here are some pictures of mine:

v2LF29O.jpg

i5IzZbk.jpg

Next to my iPad 4:

U7oyibW.jpg

50E7zEO.jpg

With my 5s with leather case:

OrAXf6y.jpg

LVsJPHt.jpg

Cheers!

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Excellent! Great pics! I too love my smart case and have both matching cases in yellow. I was actually thinking of taking photos both my iPad and iPhone in the leather cases as well, but looks like you beat me to it :D

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I love my case too and have the same colour. The blue is really nice and so far, no marks or discolouring. I have the brown case on my 5s and thats holding up well too

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
My iPhone 5s case is starting to show a little use on one corner. I will clean it over the weekend with leather cleaner made for car leather seats.

mirz2000

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
US
I love your leather smart case too! :p It looks like the new smart cases have definitely been improved from the last incarnation.

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Looks real nice, and thanks for the pics. My 2 new iPad air's arrived on Wednesday. We are very happy with them. We had the iPad smart cases on out iPad 3 and 4, but I am having a real hard time justifying the $79 price tag, especially since I need 2 of them. Comments yay or nay will be appreciated.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Wow guess I'm the odd man out. I really don't like the leather smart case. I felt the fit was poor for the cover and it added a lot of bulk to the air. I also didn't like the raised edges around the bezel.

I changed to the black Smart Cover and love it.

I will say Apple has been awesome with their customer service.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
Love mine also! I've already thrown my $5 Amazon case in the trash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Well, after 2 weeks of use we decided that our ipads should have cases. We ordered a blue and a black. Black one is shipping from China but we did receive the blue one today. Still not sure if I can say its worth $79 but it can be returned till 1/7/2014, so if/when Apple does a Black Friday sale, I should be able to just do a price match. All that being said my initial impression is that man this thing is nice. Perfect fit, everything lines up perfectly and its a breeze to install. To me anyway, it's much more comfortable to use now. Not slippery or cold to the touch when you first pick it up. So far, I like it a lot. Time will tell how it holds up.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
My black smart case for the mini was slightly loose on the left side near the hinge. It pulled away from the side when I put the cover behind the case. I am going to give it another shot as I don't like using just the Smart Cover.

Señor

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
United States
When I go down to my nearest Apple Store to exchange my rMini for a new one I'm considering going to get one of these babies. Looks really nice.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I'd normally never even consider a $70 case. I just got a $50 Visa gift card though and I'm sort of considering picking one up for my retina mini.

These look pretty nice. And the feel of leather might be a welcome change to all the plastic out there.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Thanks for also sharing your thoughts.
Anyone already cleaned their cases? What's your process? Any special leather products?

Cheers!

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
Thanks for also sharing your thoughts.
Anyone already cleaned their cases? What's your process? Any special leather products?

Cheers!

I used Lexol on my black case. Rub it on/in with fingers and clean off residue. It'll look streaky at first but use your fingers for uniformity.

acosmichippo

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
I'm not so crazy about mine. The back I like. Fits very well, and feels nice in your hand. It's the cover I don't like so much. Feels cheap and thin, and doesn't even sit flush with the screen when closed.

ujh8otZ.jpg

It's been like that since I got it, and I have not done anything out of the ordinary to exacerbate it. Maybe it's a defect with mine in particular, I don't know. I'm also not crazy about the look of the brown leather. I thought it would look much more natural than it does. As it is, it just looks orange. Maybe it'll look better with age, but I'm not that patient. I feel like an $80 case ought to be perfect in every aspect, and I'm just not that happy with it. So I'll be returning it and going with something else.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I'm not so crazy about mine. The back I like. Fits very well, and feels nice in your hand. It's the cover I don't like so much. Feels cheap and thin, and doesn't even sit flush with the screen when closed.

It's been like that since I got it, and I have not done anything out of the ordinary to exacerbate it. Maybe it's a defect with mine in particular, I don't know. I'm also not crazy about the look of the brown leather. I thought it would look much more natural than it does. As it is, it just looks orange. Maybe it'll look better with age, but I'm not that patient. I feel like an $80 case ought to be perfect in every aspect, and I'm just not that happy with it. So I'll be returning it and going with something else.
My brown one was a little like that. My black one that I purchased a couple of days ago is almost perfect with no gap.
Every aftermarket case that I've purchase thus far has been crap.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I got one, no gap, good fit, but the leather has stress marks front and back, felt too heavy compared to just a smart cover, magnet on back not as good, for $99 USD no way, seems cheap to me. Sent back. Like their iPhone leather case though.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
...I'm also not crazy about the look of the brown leather. I thought it would look much more natural than it does. As it is, it just looks orange. Maybe it'll look better with age, but I'm not that patient.../QUOTE]

I got the brown as well. Yes, I agree with you that the brown has an orange tint. But I have owned other brown leather wallets and cases before, and as they age (a month), they will darken and take on a patina that is better and better with use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.