Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRevitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I am configuring Mavericks server and am trying to create a group email address for admin.

With all my other group addresses I just create a group name and enable the group mailing list in Groups. But with admin I can't do this as the group already exists.

I don't want to create a user "admin", which is what I did in Mountain Lion, and am hoping that someone can come up with a solution to enable the pre-configured admin group to accept email.

MRevitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I am configuring Mavericks server and am trying to create a group email address for admin.

With all my other group addresses I just create a group name and enable the group mailing list in Groups. But with admin I can't do this as the group already exists.

I don't want to create a user "admin", which is what I did in Mountain Lion, and am hoping that someone can come up with a solution to enable the pre-configured admin group to accept email.

Solved it myself, found this on an Apple Support page for Mountain Lion, but it works in Mavericks too

Open server.app and right-click your user in the user section and choose "Advanced Options..."
There you can edit the aliases (separated by a comma if you use multiple).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.