View Full Version : FS:12" Powerbook and MDD DUAL G4 needs to sell NOW!

Dec 13, 2005, 02:34 PM
hey all-

i have a few days before i have to leave for home over christmas break...i need to sell these two machines for cash immediately!!!!
EDIT: The only TRADE i WOULD TAKE would be for a 12" Powerbook g4 1.33 or 1.5 like new...PLUS CASH
Also, these will remain for sale after the weekend, but as a disclaimer..the powerbook will be going home with me which means i could ship it from home, but, wouldnt be able to ship the box and such till after january 15th
because i will not be at school, the powermac would not ship till jan. 15th either
12" PB G4 1.33
Combo drive (new drive being put in)
256 ram
Comes with Brand NEW battery (1 cycle i believe) and original batt(still holds 4 hour charge!)
Comes in original box with cds, cables, etc.
pb is in great shape overall, but lid makes clicking noise when opening and closing, (took to apple store they said no biggie) a small raise in the casing where the powerbutton is...barely noticeable at all. There also is a small indentation in the bottom case...maybe a millimeter deep...its not a ding...but like someobodys thumb had pushed in a bit, not a ding or gouge. Machine runs great otherwise. Will come with fresh install of tiger! :)

dual 1.33 giga processor upgrade (has 3 year warranty on proc. and motherboard!!!)
1.25 gigs ram- 256 apple, 2 512's crucial
Nvidea GeForce 4Ti 128mb graphics card-really fast stuff!
80 gig hd
2 disc drives: Combo and Super Drives
Apple PRO Mouse and PRO keyboard
will include d-link bluetooth adapter :)
will also include NIB smartdisk Firelite FW400 port. hard drive 40gb version
computer is in perfect condition, comes in original box with cds, etc.!!!!!!
fresh copy of tiger on it
1100.00 PRICE DROP

prices do not include shipping.
i have a few days to pay my rent...need this stuff gone immediately- before saturday!!!

also i have a retail copy of aperture NIB for sale (cant install on my machine at work so no good to me, not a student version so its upgradable!)

Dec 13, 2005, 02:38 PM
I know your in a hurry, but could you take the time to post some pictures of both machines...

Dec 13, 2005, 06:25 PM
pics as requested...the marks on the MDD's are fingerprints, same with laptop screen and casings...the thumb dent in the bottom casing of laptop is not even visable but took a pick anyways..it took me a minute to find it even!

Dec 13, 2005, 06:27 PM
sorry pictures wont rotate for me for some reason...but here are pics as requested again...second set

Dec 13, 2005, 06:27 PM
nice and dusty like mine get sometimes
way is the video card so big??
also taking any trades??

Dec 13, 2005, 06:38 PM
no trades please.....ya dusty but otherwise this thing is perfectly good. NON SMOKING HOUSE too btw.

Dec 13, 2005, 07:06 PM
way is the video card so big??

the "B" version or last Ti 128 cards were full length cards, pretty spendy in their day too.

Dec 13, 2005, 07:08 PM
true true...still worth quite a bit for this 128 version too :)

Dec 13, 2005, 07:10 PM
true true...still worth quite a bit for this 128 version too :)

yeppers and performs wonderfully... wish I had kept mine!

Dec 13, 2005, 08:31 PM
I would snap that DP upgrade card from you in a second...:D

Dec 14, 2005, 01:17 PM
new price

laptop 900

Dec 14, 2005, 06:18 PM
anybody gonna take these?

price drop: Laptop:850

Dec 14, 2005, 06:34 PM
What does "combo drive not working correctly" mean?

Dec 14, 2005, 07:22 PM
makes noise when starting up, and from sleep, does not work really....i have a person that will sell one for 40 bucks lined up though if interested....a friend said if taken a part it could be fixed?

Dec 15, 2005, 12:53 AM
just asking: is there a reason why not a single person has contacted me at all about these two setups? just asking the community? im kinda pressed for time here so just wondering?
Because nobody wants to buy them.

Dec 15, 2005, 12:55 AM
How come you need to sell so quickly? The 12" PB seems like a good deal but I'm worried about the combo drive. What size HD does it have?

Dec 15, 2005, 01:28 AM
i need to sell them because i have to pay part of my tuition by saturday morning in order for me to register for classes for next semester...also i have to pay rent...and i havent been payed by my internship for like 2 months...no money equals selling stuff off.

the hard drive is 60gb

Dec 15, 2005, 03:46 PM
At the prices you are trying to get, eBay is really your best shot at selling it.

Dec 15, 2005, 04:23 PM
well since i am going home saturday...i dont think theres anybody that will buy it that quick. I will still sell it after saturday and leave it up here...somebody hopefully will buy it!?!?!?! I can ship the laptop from home, but wont be able tos hip the box and acessories (vga adapter etc) till jan. 15th when im back at school.

Dec 16, 2005, 09:43 AM
i am now getting the new COMBO drive put in the laptop to bring it back up to condition. Price will reflect this and be set at 900 again. I will have the laptop with me at home over break, and can ship the actual laptop, batteries, and adapter, but not the box and vga/dvi adapters, cds, etc.

Dec 16, 2005, 09:51 AM
Is there any applecare left on the powerbook?

Dec 16, 2005, 11:34 AM
no i investigated this and there is not apple care

Dec 19, 2005, 11:13 AM
laptop is still for sale here at home...new combo drive is going in :)

Dec 19, 2005, 11:20 AM
Just as an FYI: nobody is really interested in machines this time of year because of A) Christmas debts and B) MacWorld coming up.

Dec 19, 2005, 11:37 AM
thanks skoker, but that still doesnt mean i need to get some money asap and sell these machines asap...there are still gonna be people around hopefully.

Dec 19, 2005, 11:47 AM
thanks skoker, but that still doesnt mean i need to get some money asap and sell these machines asap...there are still gonna be people around hopefully.

I would try eBay, those people will buy anything.

Dec 22, 2005, 12:22 PM
last offer before i go to ebay this afternoon...

Dec 22, 2005, 01:50 PM
whast your location