Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexeliasson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Hi!

I've more or less one year of excellent usage of MKVTOMP4 and my Apple TV 3. I've used h264 1080p(and subtitles) and the result has been great.

However, with my latest remuxes I experience freeze seconds at my Apple TV3. Almost all 1080p footage freezes nowadays, and I'm using a wired network so the bandwidht cannot be the issue. I think I've messed up the settings...

Exactly what settings do you guys use? I don't want to go down to 3.1 settings - especially when 4.1 has worked before.

DaPhatty

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Hi!

I've more or less one year of excellent usage of MKVTOMP4 and my Apple TV 3. I've used h264 1080p(and subtitles) and the result has been great.

However, with my latest remuxes I experience freeze seconds at my Apple TV3. Almost all 1080p footage freezes nowadays, and I'm using a wired network so the bandwidht cannot be the issue. I think I've messed up the settings...

Exactly what settings do you guys use? I don't want to go down to 3.1 settings - especially when 4.1 has worked before.

Does this problem occur in files that previously did not exhibit this behavior?

When you are converting your files from MKV to MP4, do you notice whether the performance of your computer has taken a hit?

If you play the files directly on your source computer, do they freeze as well?

The MKVTOMP4 conversion process from MKV to MP4 retains the original quality since the actual video isn't being modified so I don't think your conversion process is at fault. This sounds more like a hardware problem, possibly a failing hard drive. I'd start by checking my old content to see if the files freeze during playback. From there, I'd run a diagnostic on the hard drive just to be on the safe side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.