Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFoggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Hi,

After the recent Mavericks Mail update I have noticed that now when I do a Reply All on my a mail (Exchange mail) I also receive the mail I just composed and sent.

Looking @ my reply before I send I do see my email address on the original mail (obviously) but I could swear prior to the update I would not receive my own reply to this mail.

Am I right? I looked for a setting in preferences and couldn't find one.

Thanks

iFoggy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Managed to 'fix' it by deleting and recreating my Exchange connection 3 times so it may be a bug.

It looks like Apple have made changes to the Auto Discover service as well because I can only get my connection to work by disabling that and modifying the server settings, this time around Auto Discover actual populated the right settings but second time recreating the connection it acted up again....heads up on that as a potential issue.

TheyCallMeBT

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
I have been using Office for Mac 2008's Entourage program for my university exchange account. I just today got the 2011 version, which I think uses Outlook, instead of Entourage. I'm waiting for my new iMac to arrive before I install it.

Does Apple Mail work well with an Exchange account? I think I wasn't able to use it since the university is still on MS Exchange Server 2003. I think it has to be the next version or newer to use it on Mail. But like in Exchange, if I start typing in an email address, it will give me suggestions to autofill it from the list of employees and students. Does Mail do that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.