Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
Why is it news whenever Apple opens a new store? Other companies don't make such a big deal out of store openings.
Do you all take interest in trivial store openings?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
This is why...

Shanghai:

Roy+Zipstein+Apple+Shanghai+01.jpg

New York:

Apple-store-Grand-Central-New-York-07.jpg

Amsterdam:

120229-19-apple-store-amsterdam.jpg

Paris:

new-apple-store-paris-7.jpg

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Apple like to smother their stores in money and praise. That tends to make people tick it appears.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Hmm...I seem to remember lots of news about the store within store that Microsoft, Samsung and Google have opened in Best Buy. Does that not count?

MacCruiskeen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Hmm...I seem to remember lots of news about the store within store that Microsoft, Samsung and Google have opened in Best Buy. Does that not count?

Apple has those, too. But somehow they don't get quite as much press. It's not like any company that wants to maintain a public reputation is going to actually encourage people to go to Best Buy.

Yes, the Apple stores are pretty, and if you are going to charge luxury-goods prices for your things you have to have the luxury-goods store to go with, right?

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Because they are beautiful stores. Although I agree it is getting tiring hearing about new stores all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.