Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
I just got a new iPod for my 21st birthday today. I have to say, I haven't had this much fun with a peice of technology in a long while. I finally see what everyone is talking about with the ease of use and just the overall fun I have with it. Just wanted to say way to go Apple on a perfect product. I know this is old news, but wanted to share my happiness with other Mac users.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
anyone got AUD845. then i can join your elitest club and have fun too.

i would love an ipod but i spent all my moneys switching from a pc to a DP 867+sony E230 (17" CRT)+HP5550

i think i made the right choice. anyways, i now am looking at purchasing the AVDC100 so an ipod will have to wait.

hesdeadjim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Washington, DC
Originally posted by benixau
anyone got AUD845. then i can join your elitest club and have fun too.

i would love an ipod but i spent all my moneys switching from a pc to a DP 867+sony E230 (17" CRT)+HP5550

i think i made the right choice. anyways, i now am looking at purchasing the AVDC100 so an ipod will have to wait.

I would wait too, but you could always get it from other resellers who might have refurbished ones.

mmoin

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
I definitely agree- the iPod is the first mp3 player (in fact, the first music player of any sort) I've found that's small enough to take while running that has enough capacity to store a respectable number of songs. I gave ("sold") my 5 gig one to my sister, but I'm definitely buying the 10 gig after MWSF. The best and only mp3 player anyone should buy.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by melchior
if anyone knows of refurb ipods in australia i must be told!!! :eek:
C Now has a used 20 gig iPod for $845, but I have a bit of a feeling that price is a bit out of date, it's advertised in an xmas sale starting Nov 12 :) Anyway, here's the link
http://www.compnow.com.au/promo/122002xmasclearance.htm

I wouldn't buy on until after the 8th though, just in case :) (8th in Australia, because the keynote is at 4:00 AM on the 8th)

I also bought an iPod a while back and I love it. I was going to buy a 17" Sonly LCD, but after waiting on it for 2 weeks when it was supposed to be less than one day away, I told the place to KMA and bought an iPod instead. I'm glad it happened because I take my iPod everywhere now. :D

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
as i posted in another thread i have been a big MD user (sounds like a drug) for maybe 5 years. but my listening habbits have changed and these days i listen mostly at home.

with the diversity of music on am ipod i am hoping to change my listening habbits again. in fact i know it will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.