Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pajamaxllama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
My app needs to collect data from a stocks server online. I have done a lot of research trying to find one and how to code it. I have learned that i cant take information from the apple stocks app either. I am doing this for a science fair project. I would do something easier but i need a app that will help in everyday life and that hasn't really been invented yet. This app is a stocks app that works differently than all the other ones.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
What do you already know? Are you familiar with the C language? The obj-C language? The cocoa touch APIs? Xcode?

If not, you need to go and learn all of that, first. I don't know when your science fair is, but that's a lot of stuff you need to learn.

If yes, have you written working code for the rest of your app yet, so that all you need to do is drop in a class that provides the proper data? If so, what numbers do you need to be able to get?

I don't have a solution for how to get your data, but something about your message suggests to me that you have much larger problems.

Pajamaxllama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013

Life saver!!!! So I can add this to my code so it can collect data no copyright? P.s I'm new to Xcode because I'm a windows person!

----------

What do you already know? Are you familiar with the C language? The obj-C language? The cocoa touch APIs? Xcode?

If not, you need to go and learn all of that, first. I don't know when your science fair is, but that's a lot of stuff you need to learn.

If yes, have you written working code for the rest of your app yet, so that all you need to do is drop in a class that provides the proper data? If so, what numbers do you need to be able to get?

I don't have a solution for how to get your data, but something about your message suggests to me that you have much larger problems.

This won't sound good but I know A lot of objective C and my science fair is in April. I haven't started because I'm researching it and learning it. Where could I go to learn all of this?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
This won't sound good but I know A lot of objective C and my science fair is in April. I haven't started because I'm researching it and learning it. Where could I go to learn all of this?

Where did you go to learn "A lot" of Objective-C? In other words, what resources have you already used?

Please be courteous and be as specific as possible. For books, that means: title, author, edition. For online tutorials: a link to those tutorials. Etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.