Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2mikey

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Found this basic, low cost case on amazon and it only cost me $9 bucks to my door. I figured what the heck. Brand name is Fintie. I had tried two different fifty dollar cases from Logitech and belin and didn't like either one at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081PT688/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far after a short period of use, I like this thing. Time will of course tell how it holds up but it's certainly not crappy upon first inspection. The key for me was a case that would fold and hold nicely at various angles for different uses. I did NOT want to have to snap the iPad into a case. I hated that about the other two I tried. This one just has the Velcro tab and you slide the device into the case and Velcro it in. You know what I mean. So far, all angles hold and are solid which was my #1 priority. Easy to engage too.

The magnet works great so far which is a bonus. Some of the new cases haven't been working well with the sleep and wake activation. This one does. The fit is decent too and feel like it was made for the Air specifically. The home button may not be perfectly centered from other reviews I read on amazon but mine was pretty good. I bet there will be some variability between cases for such cheap money.

So, for under ten bucks, unless you practice case snobbery.... This Fintie thing seems to work just fine. We see how it holds up. Recommended as a low cost alternative to the fifty dollar train wrecks out there. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.