PDA

View Full Version : nano batteries

AudiGuy
Dec 14, 2005, 06:11 PM
can you purchase the nano batteries directly from apple? if not does anyone know where to buy them? because i know they will have to be replaced sometime. just gathering information before buying a nano

devilot
Dec 14, 2005, 09:30 PM
I've been looking for something directly from Apple's site but I can't find it-- basically, I believe the Nano's batteries are NOT user serviceable. Meaning you can not change it when it can no longer carry a charge.

1rottenapple
Dec 14, 2005, 11:44 PM
Go to the podcast section on itunes and there is a vid podcast of guys taking apart an ipod nano (I have the vid saved on my HD). The procedure of opening up the nano and getting access to the battery looks really easy if you are not afraid to work on stuff, ie cars and electronics. It's called "systm" podcast and the segment is called, "cracking open the ipod nano". But yeah, ipod batteries are something apple discourages users from doing unless they are willing to pay for it (figuratively) if they **** up.

Labi
Dec 15, 2005, 03:53 AM
I've seen somewhere tools for cracking open an iPod and they say it's an easy procedure. But only if you know what you're doing.