Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgoulet25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2002
Lyon, France
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this message but I really need some help. I'm currently at the stage of restructuring a store and putting every item, book, comic and vinyls LP's on a database to eventually bring it out on the Net, on a Web site to sell them.

The problem is that lots of old collectors items like comic books and vinyls don't have any barcodes at all, they didn't exist then, so I have to create them. I found some software that generates "graphic" barcodes but not the numbers of the barcodes themselves!! I really need a software that generates NUMBERS, 13 digits standard barcodes, to apply them to a barcode generator software! Is it possible to have a software that executes both of these operations? Because I can't possibly imagine to create, by hand, more than 200,000 barcodes numbers.

Can't seem to find anything at all on the Net,... except some windows stuff!

Thanks in advance!

Marylene

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
versiontracker.com

i dont think that there is one piece of software that does both. A small suggestion is to check at versiontracker.com

search for barcode then click the licence link at the top of the licence column. that will organise them by licence.

you may have to pay for what you want.

mgoulet25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2002
Lyon, France
Re: versiontracker.com

Originally posted by benixau
i dont think that there is one piece of software that does both. A small suggestion is to check at versiontracker.com

search for barcode then click the licence link at the top of the licence column. that will organise them by licence.

you may have to pay for what you want.

Thanks for answering so quickly, I checked the site you mentionned but I already tried those softwares and it doesn't answer my needs. I'm really searching for a way to generate numbers, 13 standard EAN barcodes, that can be applied to a barcode generator software. My problem is not to create "graphic" barcodes but to create the numbers themselves.

Still, thanks for the reply:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.