PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook going back... Can I mail it in if bought instore?

paperinacup
Dec 14, 2005, 09:40 PM
Well I bought the computer in GA and due to ALOT of problems (screen, keys coming off, and memory issues) it has to go back. They told me due to the holidays I have until Jan. 8th to make a return.

Two issues:

1. Can I mail this return in because I am in AL and there are no Apple Stores for 200 miles?

2. Can I get by the restocking fee? I can see if I was just returning the computer for the heck of it then I'd have to pay but this has issues.

dmw007
Dec 14, 2005, 10:08 PM
Well I bought the computer in GA and due to ALOT of problems (screen, keys coming off, and memory issues) it has to go back. They told me due to the holidays I have until Jan. 8th to make a return.

Two issues:

1. Can I mail this return in because I am in AL and there are no Apple Stores for 200 miles?

2. Can I get by the restocking fee? I can see if I was just returning the computer for the heck of it then I'd have to pay but this has issues.

While not 100% sure, I would imagine that you could return your PowerBook G4 via mail. Not sure if you can avoid the restocking fee however. Sorry that I am of little help. :)

DMPDX
Dec 14, 2005, 10:25 PM
I had your same problemwith my pb before i returned it. I say, that if you can, drive to the store, youd be much more intimidatiing in person. Then if you do get to the store, Be firm. Stand your ground and state what you want. You can say it was DOA. If you say that you paid for the machine, thne you should get the machine that was advertised,not a useless pileof crap. It worked for me (3 dead pixels andbad disk) But the new one has a C***** keyboardfailed HD twice and hasa cracking sound in the lcd. Hope I could help.

ortuno2k
Dec 15, 2005, 07:39 PM
Do the math and see if you'll save the 10% fee by driving 200+200 miles (back and forth?) after gas, food & time.
Plus, the easiest way to know if they'll charge you a fee or not is to call the store directly or to call Apple.
Don't be rude, just be firm and state your facts.
They should allow a return for refund with no restocking fee or allow for an exchange if that's what you want.

iGary
Dec 15, 2005, 07:40 PM

Two issues:

Call AppleCare and they will send you a box to send it back in for repair.