Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kikko088

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Italy
I search a way for create a little text editor for collapse and expand a portion of text (something like Xcode editor) I need it for create some HTML page (is for a personal app that I use for populate a database), which is the best way to do it?or there is same text editor library?

Kikko088

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
NSOutlineView?

Personally, I'd like to see someone use NSBrowser to make a folding text editor.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I search a way for create a little text editor for collapse and expand a portion of text (something like Xcode editor) I need it for create some HTML page (is for a personal app that I use for populate a database), which is the best way to do it?or there is same text editor library?

NSTextView in MacOS X, UITextView in iOS.

kikko088

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Italy
ok, for now I use NSTextView but I don't know how can I create a collapse method, I want to know if there is some library that do it or if you can give me some tips or a way for do it!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
ok, for now I use NSTextView but I don't know how can I create a collapse method, I want to know if there is some library that do it or if you can give me some tips or a way for do it!

NSOutlineView has collapse/expand methods. I would probably start with that and customize it to be more suitable for text editing.

kikko088

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Italy
I find this library https://github.com/faceleg/ACEView that seems to be all I need, the problem is that I can't add it, I get an error, can you help me to add it on my project?

I add the framework from build/prod/release to my project
I copy ACEView folder on my project but I get an error: ACEView/ACERange.h is not found

Where is the mistake?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.