Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Anyone else notice that iOS 7 has suddenly defaulted notifications for ALL google calendars? And also added a second notification for most events?

I used to only get one notification for my calendars, but now I get them for all one ones I'm subscribed to

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
found it.

in General->Mail/Calendar settings there is a default alert set at 15 minutes. either I didn't have that in iOS 6 or it wasn't turned on, but it was on in iOS 7, which is why I had 2 notifications for my events and a notification for my other calendars where I didn't used to have any.

mbuebel

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2014
any other ideas?

it is driving me crazy. i'm getting all kinds of alerts, even when there is no alert requested in google calendar. i need my own alerts to notify me, but not the 12 other calendars to which I subscribe. apple tech support has no idea, and there is no such thing as google tech support (not that i'm aware).

any help appreciated.

michael

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
I don't know how google calendars are when you subscribe to them, but when you subscribe to ics (iCal) calendars you have the option to remove alarms when you initially subscribe. Maybe you can do the same with google's

HTH

mbuebel

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2014
so far I've downloaded a different calendar app (can't recall the name, but there were a zillion from which to choose for google calendar). deleted everything from my ical, and knock on wood, the problem seems to be better. i'll get a better feel for it over the next 24 hours...

anyone have a favorite calendar app for google calendar? I can't seem to find on made by google, amazingly.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
so far I've downloaded a different calendar app (can't recall the name, but there were a zillion from which to choose for google calendar). deleted everything from my ical, and knock on wood, the problem seems to be better. i'll get a better feel for it over the next 24 hours...

anyone have a favorite calendar app for google calendar? I can't seem to find on made by google, amazingly.
You can try Sunrise Calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.