PDA

View Full Version : unneccisary video features

thinkamc
Dec 15, 2005, 02:22 PM
in the 5G ipod, is it possible to keep the videos and music separate? The music does not appear in the video menu, however the video appears in the music.

It's annoying because when it plays a video I encoded through the music folder, it sounds scratchy and drives me insane.

freeny
Dec 15, 2005, 02:27 PM
You can "get info" from the video and assign it as a "Movie" as opposed to "Music Video".

Ubuntu
Dec 15, 2005, 02:56 PM
Furthermore, the videos should still appear in the Video section. It's only an 'and' scenario, not 'or', the videos can only be in the Videos section (in either "Movies" or "Music Videos") and the standard music library. If that's not the case then something is wrong.

Hytower77
Dec 15, 2005, 03:39 PM
When you Get Info on your videos, go to the Options Tab and try messing with the Skip When Shuffling Option. Just a thought.

Bern
Dec 15, 2005, 03:57 PM
I know what you mean about the music videos you encode yourself, they sound "hollow". I had a heap of music videos which I purposely incorporated into the albums in my playlists so I could either watch and listen or just listen. But eventually the sound quality annoyed me enough to delete them and put the original track back in their places.

I really love the idea of having a load of music videos but at the expense of good quality sound for me it's not worth it. I did, however, buy some music videos from ITMS and they sound great so I'm relieved about that. Thing is though I have to pace myself with those, they cost $3.39 each and that adds up.

But ITMS doesn't have a good variety of them and alas I may have to make due in some instances with the inferior sounding ones if I really want them.

KKKL
Dec 15, 2005, 07:19 PM
Skip When Shuffling