Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Stock google 4.3 & 4.4 keyboards

Samsung Note 3 keyboard - which works very well especially for spen input.

I stopped using SwiftKey / Swype as I personally don't like them aesthetically and the layout for numbers and characters on either.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I thought the stock 4.3 google keyboard was pretty great. I wasn't able to try the 4.4 variant.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I use Swype on my phone and tablet. Hope to have a Moto X coming soon, we'll see what the keyboard on that looks like but may drop Swype on there too.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
On my SGS3, I am currently using Swype. I love the new landscape split keyboard as I usually type in landscape. The auto-correct and text prediction is also very good. I am finding I type quite well on it compared to most other keyboards. I do occasionally type in portrait mode. I use the Swype gesture typing when typing in portrait. It is very easy to type one-handed this way. The gesture typing on Swype is better than any other keyboard I have tried by far.

I was using Kii keyboard for quite a while as my landscape keyboard. The 13-key landscape split keyboard is my favourite layout amongst all landscape keyboard. I find I can type in this layout better and with fewer keying errors than any other layout. Kii also has gesture typing, but unlike Swype, I cannot activate gesture typing in portrait only. Until recently, I used Kii as my landscape keyboard and Swype as my portrait keyboard. The inability to turn off gesture typing in landscape was the main reason I did not use Kii as my primary keyboard for both orientations. Once Swype came with a landscape layout that is similar to the Kii's 13-key split layout, I switched to Swype. Swype's auto-correct is also significantly better than Kii's.

I used to use SwiftKey as my keyboard. This was the first keyboard that I really liked for touch screens. I always preferred physical, landscape slider keyboards, but the industry has moved away from physical keyboards for the most part. SwiftKey's auto-correct/text prediction is simply better than any other keyboard I have tried. Swype has come close and Kii is a significant step behind. The reason I no longer use SwiftKey anymore is that I just hate the landscape layout. I find I make so many mistakes, especially hitting the space bar and shift key by accident. Keyboards in general cannot successfully auto-correct these types of keying errors. A better keyboard layout with a poorer auto-correct results in a better typing experience for me.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
I have the note3 and the built in keyboard is very good. Don't feel the need to change.

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
Stock google 4.3 & 4.4 keyboards

Samsung Note 3 keyboard - which works very well especially for spen input.

I stopped using SwiftKey / Swype as I personally don't like them aesthetically and the layout for numbers and characters on either.

They made small adjustments to swift key. Before the update, I always found myself scouring for the question mark, even though I knew it where it was.Things make sense now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.