Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MidiVeg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I posted these questions on the Apple message boards a few weeks ago, there were no replies, so thought I'd try here . . .

1. I have a few women who appear multiple times in my iPhoto library who's names have changed due to marriage and/or divorce, so the same person's face is listed under multiple names. Is there a way to change all occurences of a particular face to the same name, short of going through and changing each face one at a time?

2. When entering names for faces, I have occasionally mistyped and entered the wrong spelling… Now when I try to enter the name again, iPhoto will autofill that wrong spelling. Is there a way to delete that incorrect spelling so the software will no longer remember it?

Thanks for any help!!

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
Smart albums ("face is : xxx") could help (?, not tested)

Also, in "Faces" you can rename a face, erase it (Cmd + Backspace) or you can merge two names (drag one name over the other).

So, in "Faces" :

1. merge the two names of a particular face.

2. delete the mistyped name : iPhoto will no longer suggest that name.

Last edited:

Catherine24

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
Iphoto and elements

Hi,
I have both and not sure what to do with them. I know one can organize (Iphoto) and the other can edit (Elements) in details, but my concern is how much space/memory both take. If Elements has the Organizer, then could I just delete Iphoto?

Just not sure where to put my pics.

Thanks.

Catherine
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.