Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As the holidays approach, Apple's iPhone 5s supplies are continuing to improve, alleviating the supply constraints the company has faced since the phone first launched on September 20.

In the Online Apple Store, iPhone 5s shipping estimates for all models and capacities have decreased to three to five days in multiple countries including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the Asia Pacific. The iPhone 5s continues to ship within one to two weeks in European countries.

phone5sshipping.jpg
Just a week ago, iPhone 5s shipping estimates improved to one to two weeks in all countries, following an extended two to three week shipping estimate. iPhone 5s supplies have been tight since the phone launched, and shipping estimates fell to 7 to 10 days just hours after release.

Supplies of the gold iPhone were especially low, but reports have indicated that Apple has significantly ramped up its iPhone 5s production in recent weeks, while cutting back on iPhone 5c production. Just today, a report suggested that Foxconn would cease production of the iPhone 5c to focus entirely on the iPhone 5s.

Apple is now offering the iPhone 5s in more than 60 countries, with no noticeable impact on its overall supplies. In store quantities of the iPhone 5s also continue to improve, with most models and capacities available for immediate pickup in a large number of Apple retail stores across the United States.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Shipping Estimates Improve to 3 to 5 Days in Multiple Countries

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
those factory shutting down the 5c production for the 5s seems to be working.

Sal82

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2013
I just ordered an iPhone 5s about 6 hours ago when it said 1-2 weeks. I wonder if this change will reflect my order. Currently it still says 1-2 weeks.

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
I ordered a 16 GB gold 5s on sprint this morning,they have a special if you add a line of service you get $100 off,so I got it for $99.
A month ago it was up to 4-6 weeks to get one through sprint,but mine shipped within 12 hrs of me ordering it.
So stock is better even through the carriers.

LaurieF

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
Wellington
Dates are funny things

When I ordered mine around the 2nd of November (gold, too), the website said that it would be two-three weeks. The delivery email said to expect the 28 Nov - 2 Dec. The next morning I got the shipping email - and it turned up three days later.

James717

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2013
wha wha wha whaaaat??

I paid $1500 for a Gold Version last month because the guy told me it was limited and the Gold won't be available until February!!

Aye Caramba!

(j/k)

Urban Joe

Suspended
Mar 19, 2012
Interesting...

Quote: "Just today, a report suggested that Foxconn would cease production of the iPhone 5c to focus entirely on the iPhone 5s."

This is kind of what I thought would happen. I'm not the only one who thinks the 5c with or without a contract is a rip off. Although, I would actually like to see the 5s come in a similar housing to the 5c.

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
Ordered on Nov 16, and item status shows as "Preparing for shipment". Yeah, definitely faster than the expected "1-2 weeks" when I ordered it.

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
This is kind of what I thought would happen. I'm not the only one who thinks the 5c with or without a contract is a rip off. Although, I would actually like to see the 5s come in a similar housing to the 5c.

I guess you missed the articles that the 5C makes up 1/3 of new iPhone sales.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Apple is probably selling 300,000 iPhone 5S every day. It's crazy to think about the amount of volume Apple has to move each day, week, month and quarter.

Rad99004

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2009
I can see why 5S sales are slowing down and in response retailers like AT&T are having big discount sales. This is very strange to see for Apple products. In the past this rarely ever happened.

I'm a Apple guy. I'm still using my 4S, iPad 3 and iMac.

I'm one of the people that has been asking for a bigger screen since my 3GS.

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 today. Yes this is a Phablet.

Never thought I would ever want a phone this big. I always was interested in the ones the size of the SG4.

The built in stylus and Note app is great to use. The screen is big but not to big to use as a phone. It would save me from carrying both a phone and tablet into meetings for notes.

The software on this phone impressed me compared to the previous android phones I tried. You can even run two apps side by side. I hate to say this but IOS 7 looks so outdated in comparison.

All I can say is Apple needs to step up the pace. I almost bought one today. Hope the iPhone 6 is out first quarter of 2014 like some of the rumors are suggesting that Apple will add the 4.7 and 6" phone to the existing line up.

Don't think I can wait another year I might as well buy the Samsung.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
I can see why 5S sales are slowing down and in response retailers like AT&T are having big discount sales. This is very strange to see for Apple products. In the past this rarely ever happened.

I'm a Apple guy. I'm still using my 4S, iPad 3 and iMac.

I'm one of the people that has been asking for a bigger screen since my 3GS.

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 today. Yes this is a Phablet.

Never thought I would ever want a phone this big. I always was interested in the ones the size of the SG4.

The built in stylus and Note app is great to use. The screen is big but not to big to use as a phone. It would save me from carrying both a phone and tablet into meetings for notes.

The software on this phone impressed me compared to the previous android phones I tried. You can even run two apps side by side. I hate to say this but IOS 7 looks so outdated in comparison.

All I can say is Apple needs to step up the pace. I almost bought one today. Hope the iPhone 6 is out first quarter of 2014 like some of the rumors are suggesting that Apple will add the 4.7 and 6" phone to the existing line up.

Don't think I can wait another year I might as well buy the Samsung.

You're assuming 5s sales are slowing down. It could be Apple has increased production to keep up with demand. We won't know for sure until Apple releases their holiday sales results in January.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Why don't the mainstream media cover this news? It's very exciting that more consumers will be able to get their hands on the stunning iPhone 5s with less wait time. I'm sure Apple will sell tens of millions of these in the next few weeks. Only Apple can do this.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
When will the unlocked version available for purchase...?

I don't get what's the deal with that in the US. In Spain for sure and all Europe I think you can get the unlocked version since day 1. And hey, Apple Stores full up with lines of tourists who want the new iPhone and buy a pair of 64GB models (would probably buy more if they were allowed to).

Just imagine if New York stores did that. The sales would be 5x what they are without the unlocked version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.