Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GiRARDsays

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
San Diego, CA
So I bought this case on a whim as I needed a case ASAP for my brand new iPad Air. I ordered it on Saturday and it just arrived at my work today. For $12.98 (paid $3.99 for Amazon Prime One-Day Shipping), I'm extremely happy with the case. Cutouts are where they should be and the auto sleep/wake feature works great!

ynyquhe7.jpg
pa5ydahy.jpg
e9emydy3.jpg
qeruva9a.jpg
jahu8ybe.jpg
vuzynepe.jpg

I still may end up getting the official iPad Air Smart Case by Apple, but I am definitely happy with this ~$13 investment.

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
I bought the Finite 360 folio case from Amazon for $10 shipped, and it's a great cheap case for my Air. It's nice to be able to sit at a table and view in landscape and portrait. Though in landscape it would fall flat with a few "heavy" touches but I fixed the problem by putting a single piece of loop side Velcro on the bottom of the outside of the case. The off feature works perfectly and there's a nice elastic band that keeps the case closed when in transit. Plus it seems to protect the edges of my Air if it gets dropped.

For $10 you can't go wrong, I wonder why anyone would pay more than $20 for a case ?

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Apple-iPad-Air-Case/dp/B00G43ZVYC

Last edited:

gnortenjones

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
I ordered this case the same day the OP did also from amazon for $8.99.

For the money this is an excellent case. If I didn't know what the price was, I'd probably price it closer to $30. It fits well, seems very protective, and the Smart Cover wakes the ipad as advertised.

The only flaw is using it as a stand. This case sufferers the same design flaw the Apple smart case does by switching to a three section cover that relies on the magnet to stay closed when using it as a stand, it becomes less stable.

Apart from that one small design flaw, which isn't a problem for me because I never use it as a stand, this case seems like a steal for its price.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Looks exactly like the Poetic Slimline!

Looks like the Poetic has a larger camera hole and a larger headphone opening.
The Fintie might be a problem for larger headphone plugs.
The holes in the Poetic also look more finished (to me) because they're beveled and not just a hole drilled straight-through. Especially the rear mic hole. On the Fintie it almost looks like a last minute afterthought.
Other than that they look pretty much identical.
Is the magnet on the Fintie strong enough to keep the cover secured when upside-down and closed?

Last edited:

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I really like Fintie. I got the smart shell case for the mini and also a small bluetooth keyboard. Both work really well and were really cheap!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.