Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Just back from a business trip to Denver. I have never seen so many Apple products in use.

Flying to Denver:
Sitting in jetBlue's free wireless area with 7 others - 5 are using PowerBooks/iBooks.

Saw no less than a dozen iPods on the plane

Marriott in Denver - No less than 10 Mac users seen around the hotel.

Flying back to NY:
Guy in front of me places his 15" PB in the security tray as I lay my iBook in mine. We smile and nod to each other.

Lady 2 people behind me has an iBook in try.

On the plan - all 6 people in my row were using iPods. Saw at least 10 others iPods on the plane.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
rdowns said:
Just back from a business trip to Denver. I have never seen so many Apple products in use.

Flying to Denver:
Sitting in jetBlue's free wireless area with 7 others - 5 are using PowerBooks/iBooks.

Saw no less than a dozen iPods on the plane

Marriott in Denver - No less than 10 Mac users seen around the hotel.

Flying back to NY:
Guy in front of me places his 15" PB in the security tray as I lay my iBook in mine. We smile and nod to each other.

Lady 2 people behind me has an iBook in try.

On the plan - all 6 people in my row were using iPods. Saw at least 10 others iPods on the plane.
I go traveling a lot, and I have noticed this too. Apple is growing big - and in a big way.

God -- I'm just having an "Apple Love" rush right now :eek: :D

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I honestly go to school and see atleast 20 iPods. A lot more people are jelious when they here about people talk about their new Macs (dont here that reaction with dells). Every single day I always here people talk about their iPods... Im so glad I bought some Apple stock.:D

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I think people who own Apple laptops are more likely to bring them with them to places and use them. I have many friends who have windows laptops and they never leave their room, mine goes with me just about every other day.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
MacFan782040 said:
NYC- iPods everywhere
Muggers' paradise.

Although just the fact there's so many iPods in NY, it's no longer cool just owning one. Plus, New Yorkers are more likely to beat up muggers.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
wwooden said:
I think people who own Apple laptops are more likely to bring them with them to places and use them. I have many friends who have windows laptops and they never leave their room, mine goes with me just about every other day.

If you've got a stylish piece of hardware like an Apple laptop though, why not flaunt it for all to see? ;) :cool:

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Also, Mac users bring out their laptops more because they are easier to carry. I know my girlfriend hates toting her dell around because it is so huge.

I see a lot of Macs around to. My university is very Mac friendly, even the network operations center is half Mac. The computer labs are only about one third Windows here, the other two thirds going to Mac, Red Hat Linux and Sun systems. So I am used to it and it doesn't seem as special to me, ah well. Nice to hear though.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
rdowns said:

Denver (where I'm from) really does have a lot of Apples - every teenager in high school has an iPod, although I know more teens with iMacs and iBooks than adults...

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Id say about 80 or 90 percent of the kids in my school have an ipod, but still not many of them have macs.. every day i try to get my friends to switch...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I've had my iPod for almost 2 years now, and although that's a relatively short period of time, it was just before they became really REALY popular. ;) However, now I see more and more people with them, and I often think some people must look at me and think that I'm just jumping on the bandwagon along with everyone else, when in fact, I've been an Apple supporter all along! ;) :cool:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jadekitty24 said:
I was just thinking how, the past year, Apple products are making more and more guest appearances on TV shows. A subtle marketing technique we wouldn't have seen a few years ago.

TV shows perhaps, but keep in mind that Apple machines have always been featured in movies and music videos dating back to the original G3 iMac. Not to this degree, of course, but still...

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
jadekitty24 said:
I was just thinking how, the past year, Apple products are making more and more guest appearances on TV shows. A subtle marketing technique we wouldn't have seen a few years ago.

I doubt it is a marketing technique.. after all which cool movie director wants to be caught dead with a Dull laptop on his set? :D

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
Even Daisy was using a stylish 15'' Powerbook while she was "doing America" Tuesday on TBS. ;) It would kinda be lame though if EVERYONE used one. It feels good being some sort of insider where I can feel bad for everyone else's computing experience. :D

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
-many people i know have ipods, or are considering getting ipods as their next player.
-my university's computer labs are about 1/4th mac. (which i think is alot)
-i've seen macs all over the place. on the greyhound, just while passing by other dorm rooms, or in study lounges.

macs are getting a lot more mainstream. i've only gotten a few anti-mac comments about how i can't really play games on my pb. otherwise, the reaction's always been like "whoa, you've got a mac?" or "whoa, macs can run MSWord?"

most of the dell laptops i've seen on my friends' desks are beasts. some are 17 inchers. and apart from moving them now and then from one room to another to watch a dvd, they're completely stationary.

hope the intel powerbooks will continue apple's growth.

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
I guess it is good that apple is growing... but apple is now more of a fashion statement. The amount of people I see with non-apple mp3 players but with white Apple buds attached! I have to hold my tongue to prevent myself from giving them a verbal lashing. I know that for a lot of mac users the first thing they do with a new iPod is buy a decent pair of third party earphones and sell the Apple buds on eBay.

Unfortunately people buy apple products because they are 'hip' rather than because they are f***ing excellent productive products. All those people with iPod photos with only a few cafe del mar albums on them!

What happens when Apple goes out of fashion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.