Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asthma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Southern Maine
hey,

im 16 and when i say newbie im dead serious!! I started to mess around in GoLive last night for about a half hour and then it started to click and i built the site in about an hour the next day. its all built from scratch i have no experience in web design other than last night. im looking for some feed back and advice and anything that could be wrong (ie. its to busy) everything is a origanal peice of work that i built in photoshop everything except for the steve baulmer video and im not saying where i found that. remember this is my first time in website design front and back end, so please dont be to harsh. Thank You for your time!!! im looking forward to hearing what you guy's an girl's have for input!!

heres the link
http://homepage.mac.com/asthmaattax/

Sincerely,

Asthma :)

asthma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Southern Maine
Hello?

seriously im looking for any type of input good or bad! anybody, anybody at all?

Sincerely,
Dave S.

asthma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Southern Maine
update

this is the last update im going to tell about then im putting it in my sig. so until then let me know what you think this is my second site that has been published. Thank You for the input!!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Your new look is really nice. :)

If you darken the grey and green XBoxey image on the ENTER page, I think it would be much better. Right now, the greys at the edges are still substantially above the brightness of the background black. If you make it so that you hit true black at the edges of the image, by darkening it and boosting the colors back, it will melt right in, and it will be mad. :)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Site looks nice. Good job.

My main complaint would be that the source code looks it was done not by hand.

My opinion is that hand written code always makes the best sites.

To get a true appreciation on website work, learn HTML, then CSS, then Javascript.

Good luck!:cool:

steveedge

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
Input

Ok, Now that you know how...throw it away and start over, only do it a little differently each time, Throw away, start over,repeat weekly until you can control every aspect of site creation. :)
Or...just keep having fun.

asthma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Southern Maine
thank you for all the comments

hey thanks for all the comments!! this is going to be alot of fun making web sites and you guys are right i should learn html first. and i will be learning it in school pretty soon!

sincerely,

David S.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Let me guess.

You're taking a Desktop Publishing class right now, and 2nd semester is Web Development?

If so, do you go to my school?:eek:

:D

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Don't leave such a big space between the "back" & "Home" buttons.

On page 3, make the background color black, to match the other pages.

On page 3 resize the top images so they are the same height.

Move the "this site presented by..." message up a little bit, so it fits in the blank spot created by the images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.