Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamBateman

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
Since they are talking about TABLETS, I am very surprised. Even a huge Android fan like myself will admit the iPad is better than pretty much any Android tablet on the market.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Since they are talking about TABLETS, I am very surprised. Even a huge Android fan like myself will admit the iPad is better than pretty much any Android tablet on the market.

Just got the Nexus 7 a couple days ago. The iPad Mini would feel like an expensive downgrade for me.

Even with the large tablets, the Galaxy Note 10.1 rivals the iPad.

IMO .... It comes down to, Price and OS. Many still prefer iOS, but I'm sure those numbers are slipping. Apple can't stay on top of the tablet game with just an aluminum premium build. The difference between now and then is, Android is not looked at as just the alternative anymore.

Apple would crush the tablet game if they introduced a full OSX on an iPad. I can see them doing this in a couple years.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Just got the Nexus 7 a couple days ago. The iPad Mini would feel like an expensive downgrade for me.

Even with the large tablets, the Galaxy Note 10.1 rivals the iPad.

IMO .... It comes down to, Price and OS. Many still prefer iOS, but I'm sure those numbers are slipping. Apple can't stay on top of the tablet game with just an aluminum premium build. The difference between now and then is, Android is not looked at as just the alternative anymore.

Apple would crush the tablet game if they introduced a full OSX on an iPad. I can see them doing this in a couple years.
Android tablets need more tablet apps. That's really the only problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.