PDA

View Full Version : Is one G5 iPod Vid better then the other?

mauly
Dec 17, 2005, 06:24 AM
Does one (30GB B or W - 60GB Bor W) have any problems/bugs which the other doesn't have!!?

Or are they all the same?

Bern
Dec 17, 2005, 06:30 AM
They're the same except for more storage space and perhaps longer battery life in the 60GB.

pdpfilms
Dec 17, 2005, 06:41 AM
Does one (30GB B or W - 60GB Bor W) have any problems/bugs which the other doesn't have!!?

Or are they all the same?

All the same. And, just for next time, it's 5G for fifth-generation versus G5 for the PowerPC processor. Things can get nitpicky on these forums, I wouldn't want you to be pinned down;).

mauly
Dec 17, 2005, 06:47 AM
All the same. And, just for next time, it's 5G for fifth-generation versus G5 for the PowerPC processor. Things can get nitpicky on these forums, I wouldn't want you to be pinned down;).

Sorry I'm always used to typing "G5" iMac.... thanks for the info, gonna go out now and get myself an early x-mas pressie!! :)

mauly
Dec 17, 2005, 07:56 PM
Sorry I'm always used to typing "G5" iMac.... thanks for the info, gonna go out now and get myself an early x-mas pressie!! :)

Got me a white 5G iPod..... I really didn't know which colour to get, even at the counter!!! so figered the white one will look nice next to my iMac :rolleyes:

very happy..

applemacdude
Dec 17, 2005, 08:09 PM
the 60gb has 64mb of ram while the 30gb has 32mb.... soo it holds more video in the ram so u wont use up the hd so much (which eats the battery)

mauly
Dec 17, 2005, 08:10 PM
the 60gb has 64mb of ram while the 30gb has 32mb.... soo it holds more video in the ram so u wont use up the hd so much (which eats the battery)

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

:)

dmw007
Dec 17, 2005, 09:30 PM

Ha, a perfect excuse to go and splurge and get the 60GB model! :)

dmetzcher
Dec 18, 2005, 08:23 PM
The 60GB model is thicker than the 30GB model, which is ultra-thin. Doesn't matter to me, because I want more space and don't care about the size difference. If you are looking for something ultra-thin, and don't want to store lots of video, the 30GB model might work for you. It's also $100 less. I haven't heard anything about problems with one over the other. It's possible, however, because the drives are not identical (one platter in the 30GB model, versus two in the 6GB model), but I wouldn't worry about it. Get whichever one you think suits your needs.