Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeffx342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
North Andover
I just baught a Powerbook 1Ghz w/ 1 Gig of Ram, and Superdrive. I just recently baught games like, Warcraft, Ghost recon, and Jedioutcast. My question is how do you turn on Anti-Aliasing on? In these games the edges are jaggy and look like crap. I used to have a Pc w/ Geforce card and I could manually turn on Anti-aliasing.

- no these games dont have any options turning anti-Aliasing from the game settings

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
not sure about the other games, but this is taken from the Jedi Knight II readme file. hope it helps.

"Full-screen Anti-aliasing (FSAA)

FSAA smoothes out the rough edges on some of the screen geometry for a more polished appearance. Depending on your other video settings and the type of graphics card, this may carry a performance penalty, so you might have to tweak your settings to arrive at an enjoyable middle ground. The means to enable it is different depending on if you have an ATi card (Radeon) or nVidia card (GeForce).

On ATi cards, enter the following command in the JK2 console: "seta r_ati_fsaa_samples #" where # is 1, 2 or 4. 1 means disable FSAA whereas 4 is the highest level of smoothing.

On nVidia cards, enter the following command in the JK2 console: "seta r_nv_fsaa_samples #", where # is 0, 2 or 4. 0 means disable FSAA whereas 4 is the highest level of smoothing. Additionally, nVidia cards support a feature called 'Quincunx FSAA" that allows for a sometimes better level of smoothing without a significant performance penalty, when used in conjunction with r_nv_fsaa_samples set at 2 or 4. To enable or disable this Quincunx mode, use this console command: "seta r_nv_quincunx #" where # is 0 (off) or 1 (on). For FSAA on nVidia cards, you need to restart the video subsystem for the change to take effect. You can do so with the following command in the JK2 console: "vid_restart"

Note that support for the FSAA options may be spotty on anything less than MacOS X 10.2."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.