Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTiki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Maui, Hawaii
Thinking about ordering this monitor for photo editing. Appears to have a lot to offer for the price. Opinions appreciated. Thanks

larsras

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2013
Hi

Any feedback and/or did you already get it?

Considering this myself.

I have had the Dell 2713H for a week, but returned it. Two issues were discovered. Something with color due to 10/14 bit incompatibility, and when it was connected there were something that halted OSX (at least mouse and trackpad movements) every 1/2 second.
Nice Apple supporters found an article from Dell, stating that MAC compatibility are never tested on Dell monitors.

br Lars

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Still considering options and hoping for feedback from someone who has one.

I am also interested in this amazing monitor (matte screen - lovely) and what the connectivity is like with the MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013)?

Anyone have this beauty and what are your best port connections for full resolution?

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
For serious photo editing or other graphics work, make sure it is wide gamut (Adobe RGB) not narrow gamut sRGB. Then be sure to get a color calibrating tool such as a Spyder or Colormunki to calibrate the monitor and maybe your color printer.

iTiki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Maui, Hawaii
For serious photo editing or other graphics work, make sure it is wide gamut (Adobe RGB) not narrow gamut sRGB. Then be sure to get a color calibrating tool such as a Spyder or Colormunki to calibrate the monitor and maybe your color printer.

FYI, the PA279Q is wide gamut and comes factory calibrated with documentation. It's also 10 bit color.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
FYI, the PA279Q is wide gamut and comes factory calibrated with documentation. It's also 10 bit color.

Great. But remember that monitors drift. Color calibrate before editing and printing anything important.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.