PDA

View Full Version : Sold 9 month old mini for $275!

DTphonehome
Dec 17, 2005, 06:34 PM
Wow, I just sold my 4GB second generation iPod mini for $275 on ebay! I had it since March, but kept it in perfect condition. Not sure why I posted this, besides for bragging rights, but in case you want to sell your mini, now might be a good time!

flat6
Dec 17, 2005, 06:41 PM
I'm confused; a Nano is cheaper and better looking, has color screen, smaller, etc. Why the high Mini price?

DTphonehome
Dec 17, 2005, 06:43 PM
I'm confused; a Nano is cheaper and better looking, has color screen, smaller, etc. Why the high Mini price?

Nanos are hard to come by. And supposedly there are a lot of mini fans out there who want them at any cost. More durable than the nano, with a longer battery life. Go figure. I plan to use the money to get a nano when the crush is over in January, after Macworld.

khisayruou
Dec 17, 2005, 07:12 PM
<make note to self> Sell the nano when the iPod pequeño is released. ;) :D
The mini selling that high is kinda no surprise to me, there are lots who were a little set backed by the nano. With minis being almost all gone in retail and the xmas season coming to full swing...great time as any to make some cash.

killuminati
Dec 17, 2005, 07:19 PM
I sold my one and a half year old first gen mini for $200. And it wasn't exactly in good shape. It's amazing what people are willing to pay for those.

mjstew33
Dec 17, 2005, 07:20 PM
Someone got seriously ripped off... :rolleyes:

iHateWindows
Dec 17, 2005, 07:36 PM
Should've kept my Minis... sold each for $150. :(

DTphonehome
Dec 17, 2005, 07:38 PM
Someone got seriously ripped off... :rolleyes:

Not exactly...it was an eBay auction, so the buyer set the price. I wouldn't rip anyone off, it's just what the market will bear, apparently.

dmw007
Dec 17, 2005, 07:47 PM
Wow, I just sold my 4GB second generation iPod mini for $275 on ebay! I had it since March, but kept it in perfect condition. Not sure why I posted this, besides for bragging rights, but in case you want to sell your mini, now might be a good time!

Wow, nice job DTphonehome! $275 for a 4GB Rev B iPod mini is a great sale. :)

dmw007
Dec 17, 2005, 07:54 PM
Not exactly...it was an eBay auction, so the buyer set the price. I wouldn't rip anyone off, it's just what the market will bear, apparently.

True, its not like you forced them to hand over an absurd sum of money. :) ;)

hcuar
Dec 17, 2005, 10:38 PM
Have they paid yet? A completed auction isn't a paid for auction! :o

khisayruou
Dec 17, 2005, 10:52 PM

Here is a good article about minis being sold at higher than retail price.
http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2005/12/13/2083

DTphonehome
Dec 18, 2005, 07:35 PM

They did indeed. Money is safely in my Paypal account, and the iPod is in the mail. Yay capitalism!