Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
So this keeps happening where i close a window or minimize it and then it seems to get stuck in some sort of small closing window it is small and it gets stuck in the desktop area. Anyone is experiencing this anyone knows how to fix it ?? thanks Picture attached here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 8.52.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 8.52.59 PM.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 126

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
A similar thing used to happen on SL with spaces, so my guess would be mission control is the issue, or,exposé. Try activating either of those

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
A similar thing used to happen on SL with spaces, so my guess would be mission control is the issue, or,exposé. Try activating either of those

i have all those things activated though. this happened after mavericks

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
What I was trying to say was, press the MC button and try and drag that window around or to another space

i cant grab it, its like frozen state, its like part of the background picture. i have to log in or re login in order to get rid of it. it is very very annoying.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Instead of logging in and out press command+alt then escape and relaunch the finder

yeah that works also, but i shouldnt have to be dealing with this in the first place. Thanks so much for the help though .. i just wish there was a permanent fix.

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
anyone want to help me fix this?

Best thing I can think of right now is reset the finder and mission control.

Just go to you home folder, then library then preferences, then in this folder search for com.apple.finder.plist and com.apple.spaces.com
Drag both of these to the desktop to make a copy, and make sure both of them are deleted from the preferences folder, then log out and back in.
It will recreate those files again ad reset both mission control an the finder.
See if the problem crops up again and if it does I have another idea

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Best thing I can think of right now is reset the finder and mission control.

Just go to you home folder, then library then preferences, then in this folder search for com.apple.finder.plist and com.apple.spaces.com
Drag both of these to the desktop to make a copy, and make sure both of them are deleted from the preferences folder, then log out and back in.
It will recreate those files again ad reset both mission control an the finder.
See if the problem crops up again and if it does I have another idea

Did that, it is still happening. see the picture attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 8.51.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 8.51.04 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 88

Rivvvers

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
The Shire
anyone want to help me fix this?

I've been operating under the assumption that this bug is being triggered by mission control or expose, but I've just realised that it might be the new finder tabs functionality causing it perhaps, even though you mentioned that it happens when closing or minimizing. When this small stuck window occurs have you tried clicking in it and pressing Command+W or merging all windows in the finder perhaps?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.