Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darshie76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I was curious to see if I can still use this piece of hardware for something other than forza on the Xbox....got the wireless adapter and tried on the PC, and sadly there is no FFB :( sad panda

So I told myself, let's use it on mac then....got the tattieboogle drivers, and the wireless wheel is recognized, but nothing moves in the control pane application...I can turn it off, I can see it recognized and paired but nothing else happens.

Tried to load a game, and in fact nothing works: either buttons or wheel, pedals or paddle.

Did anyone successfully use a MS wireless wheel (the big one, not the smaller one that they made later on) on a mac? I have a 2009 pro, latest drivers form the tattieboogle.net site, and wireless adapter.

Thanks!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I was curious to see if I can still use this piece of hardware for something other than forza on the Xbox....got the wireless adapter and tried on the PC, and sadly there is no FFB :( sad panda

So I told myself, let's use it on mac then....got the tattieboogle drivers, and the wireless wheel is recognized, but nothing moves in the control pane application...I can turn it off, I can see it recognized and paired but nothing else happens.

Tried to load a game, and in fact nothing works: either buttons or wheel, pedals or paddle.

Did anyone successfully use a MS wireless wheel (the big one, not the smaller one that they made later on) on a mac? I have a 2009 pro, latest drivers form the tattieboogle.net site, and wireless adapter.

Thanks!

Never managed to get it to work on the mac at all. What version of the drivers are you using to get it to appear?

darshie76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Never managed to get it to work on the mac at all. What version of the drivers are you using to get it to appear?

The latest one that they have on the site....I will try with a regular Xbox controller and see if the issue is just with the steering wheel.

It is a bummer, I can't afford a G27 yet, so I was hoping to keep this thing for a bit, but if it works only with the Xbox (which I am getting rid of soon)....I am screwed.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
The latest one that they have on the site....I will try with a regular Xbox controller and see if the issue is just with the steering wheel.

It is a bummer, I can't afford a G27 yet, so I was hoping to keep this thing for a bit, but if it works only with the Xbox (which I am getting rid of soon)....I am screwed.

OK, I will have a look if I have a chance, does it show any data on the buttons etc in the system preferences section like pads do? If it does I might (famous last words) might be able to get it working in Feral games at least.

Edwin

darshie76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
OK, I will have a look if I have a chance, does it show any data on the buttons etc in the system preferences section like pads do? If it does I might (famous last words) might be able to get it working in Feral games at least.

Edwin

No luck with the regular 360 wireless controller....it does not even hook up the signal.

Guess it is official...unless there are new drivers the Xbox controllers are unusable on Mavericks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.