Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Guys, newbie here & a technophobe so please bear with my stupid questions :D
I've just purchased Apple TV 3 & in our house there are 2 iPad mini's, an iPad air & iPad 4, my question is about "home sharing" it seems it couldn't be set up without this. I used my daughters mini iPad to set up the Apple TV so therefore used her home sharing, we all have the "remote" app on our iPads but when I go to use my iPad air I can't seem to get it to operate the Apple TV, I don't have the same symbol (pic attached) as my daughter does on her iPad mini ( the one I set up Apple TV with) I have movies on my iPad which I can play with iPad air play but would like to know how I can get the iPad to operate with the symbol my daughter has on her iPad? Hope I've explained it ok? Cheers :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 81

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
You need to log your iPad into Home Sharing with the same Apple ID as the Apple TV is. You are free to change this on either end, what suits you best.
You also can use one Apple ID for Home Sharing (so that the whole family can share media with each other and the Apple TV) and different Apple ID-s for iTunes Store (so everyone has his/her own account and payment details in the store).

Superblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
You need to log your iPad into Home Sharing with the same Apple ID as the Apple TV is. You are free to change this on either end, what suits you best.
You also can use one Apple ID for Home Sharing (so that the whole family can share media with each other and the Apple TV) and different Apple ID-s for iTunes Store (so everyone has his/her own account and payment details in the store).

Thanks, managed to Sus it all out just before reading your post but many thanks sir!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.