PDA

View Full Version : Another iCal Already! 1.0.2

iJon
Jan 5, 2003, 07:17 PM
I don't know if you guys noticed but on the front of apple's page it says iCal 1.0.2. Don't know if it is a mistake or for real. Just thought you guys might wanna know this. Even when you click on it, it says "Download 1.0.2.

iJon

sparkleytone
Jan 5, 2003, 07:22 PM
yeah must be a fix for the aussies.

iJon
Jan 5, 2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
yeah must be a fix for the aussies.
haha yeah, i read about that. seemed like everyone past the west coast got really screwed up with the times.

iJon

Freg3000
Jan 5, 2003, 08:00 PM
Well, that was quick...

Beej
Jan 5, 2003, 08:07 PM
It has fixed all my problems. Thanks, Apple. But please don't cause any more like that again :)

Macette
Jan 5, 2003, 08:35 PM
you know what? it didn't fix mine. it fixed the problem with the program, but all the things that i entered before have all been moved back six hours or something. it really ****s me, since i need to keep these records for tax etc and even when i open my backups they're warped.

grr.

mac15
Jan 5, 2003, 09:05 PM
Installed it , I don't use it much, but an update is an update.

daijones
Jan 5, 2003, 09:51 PM
The iCal homepage says:
"Get notification of upcoming events on screen, by email or via text messaging to a mobile phone or pager"
I'd love to get reminders by text message: does anyone know how to do it? Does it require a bluetooth enabled phone before the option appears? I can't find anything in the help about it. Maybe it's something Apple will add to .Mac after MWSF

Mal
Jan 5, 2003, 10:02 PM
Actually what it says is :
"You can use iCal to remind you of time commitments, keep track of your deadlines, send and receive email and text-message notifications..."

It's referring to the messages you can have pop up on the screen, not sent to your phone. You can do that with iSMS though, I haven't used that feature yet, but it sounds like a good idea.

Apple, are you listening?

JW

000111one111000
Jan 5, 2003, 10:40 PM
Just have it send an email to your phone's email address. Which, if it's Sprint PCS, it's usually something like "5555555555@sprintpcs.com" or something. I know that's not right, but it's something similar.

But anyways, I know iCal can do it, because I have iCal set to send text messages to all the other geeks that I play D&D with to remind them when the game starts. :)

enoch

zimv20
Jan 6, 2003, 12:33 AM
i am having massive problems w/ these updates. before (using the first releases of iCal and iSync), i synced two macs (via .mac), my hs visor, and my t68i.

now, the iSync process wants to double all my calendar info. it's driving me nuts. i've got backup copies of all my .ics files, luckily.

i've tried unregistering both macs from .mac, but the data up there isn't dumped.

my base case: the correct .ics files are in my Library/Calendar folder. i sync ONLY my mac (.mac, devices are turned off).

sadly, iSync wants to add 392 calendar entries. it can't even do a no-op sync w/ itself! ugh!

is anyone else having this problem? have you found a fix? thanks

iJon
Jan 6, 2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by zimv20
i am having massive problems w/ these updates. before (using the first releases of iCal and iSync), i synced two macs (via .mac), my hs visor, and my t68i.

now, the iSync process wants to double all my calendar info. it's driving me nuts. i've got backup copies of all my .ics files, luckily.

i've tried unregistering both macs from .mac, but the data up there isn't dumped.

my base case: the correct .ics files are in my Library/Calendar folder. i sync ONLY my mac (.mac, devices are turned off).

sadly, iSync wants to add 392 calendar entries. it can't even do a no-op sync w/ itself! ugh!

is anyone else having this problem? have you found a fix? thanks
yeah i kindof had that problem too. i updated both my icals and then synced my powerbook to my powermac and a lot of things got doubled. luckily i didnt have to much stuff so i just deleted most of it.

iJon

zimv20
Jan 6, 2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by iJon

yeah i kindof had that problem too. i updated both my icals and then synced my powerbook to my powermac and a lot of things got doubled. luckily i didnt have to much stuff so i just deleted most of it.

that's what i'm trying to avoid. but if i accept everything iSync wants me to, then go delete the doubles, you've found it's correct, eh?

maybe i should just do that.

or.... i could write a shell script that did it for me. hmmm... it'd take 10x as long to write, but it'd be automated, so it's better! lol

iJon
Jan 6, 2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by zimv20

that's what i'm trying to avoid. but if i accept everything iSync wants me to, then go delete the doubles, you've found it's correct, eh?

maybe i should just do that.

or.... i could write a shell script that did it for me. hmmm... it'd take 10x as long to write, but it'd be automated, so it's better! lol
actually i dont know if it was the update that did it. it may have been something i did. i had entered christmas break into every day i was off of school. my powermac and powerbook both were synced and showed when i was off of school. i then turned the very first day i was off into a a full day event and stretched it over the two weeks. now i had one continuous line that said christmas break. then i deleted all the single days i wrote christmas break in. then i synced my powerbook back to my updated powerbook and it added the new stuff but the other stuff remained. first of all it didnt delete the other christmas breaks, plus it doubled all my other events. very strange. what im thinking is that .mac doesnt delete items. i will have to look into it more, i hardly ever use my .mac so i dont pay much attention to things. i will look into it though.

iJon

zimv20
Jan 6, 2003, 03:43 AM
i did a little poking around in the menu items and discovered "Reset All Devices..."

i did that, using my desktop as the source (as it was mostly correct). this took care of everything save for one duplicate, which i took care of manually.

nightmare is over. thanks for your help, iJon.

.a
Jan 6, 2003, 05:48 AM
my yearly repeating events won't sync. i do my sync with .mac and palm. can anyone help? it works, when i "sync" my two macs with the backup prg, but that's not really syncing... strange stuff...
probably apple released the programs one week before macworld expo, so that jobs does not have "to show how it works". this stuff is really buggy...
.a